MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My board is fail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I consider a board a failure once management neglect over-run spam posts.
(2012-08-13, 04:33 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Ok but do you own that community now?

Do you mean financially? Or that I feel "ownership"?

I don't own it financially, I do feel interest and commitment though. I don't like to start things and not finish them. So I guess I feel ownership.
Do you have domain access, hosting access etc? If the owner isn't committed then offer to take it off him if it's a niche you're interested in. If it's not at all then your chances of success drastically decrease in my opinion.
Well, he is pushed for time, and I understand that. I think he is NOT going to get posts because he isn't putting the time in. At a certain point I guess I just have to say "Bah. Shame, could have done well". I can't run his board for him (well, not for FREE).
I'd rather have you helping me on my board. You seem to have a knack for developing forums. Toungue
Lol no. I have no idea how to get users and things,I am far too shy. I like making pages and things.
Honestly, cut your losses if the owner isn't committed. You can accomplish more working on a different project.
(2012-08-19, 04:49 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Lol no. I have no idea how to get users and things,I am far too shy. I like making pages and things.

Users? Users come and go off their own accord. We can honestly do little to increase or decrease that.
To make a website look good and function well, now that takes real skill.
Nice theme, I couldn't tell it was an edited version of the Apart themes until I saw the footer.
(2012-08-19, 04:55 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, cut your losses if the owner isn't committed. You can accomplish more working on a different project.

This.
Pages: 1 2 3 4