MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alien-Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:I suggest a fixed width though so that you can center the background.  I am 1280x1024 and the background is smaller.

Centered... and the bg changed to black... That res is terrible for us old fella's.. Smile

Quote:why don't u fix the background, so, if u scroll down, the bg do the same, in this case, u wont have empty spaces like at the bottom

That defeats the whole purpose.. Wink

Or I could make the background longer...

Quote:The background looks fixed to me??? Unless he just now did it?

Yep! I was making some .css changes while you were there..... Toungue
Yeah he did change it.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background-position.asp

Use background position css of "top center".
body
{ 
background-image: url(stars.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top center;
}

Also try a fixed width version...you can then do the background of the mybb with this cool background and use a stars background for the body.
OK, now I've seen the background both fixed and not fixed. Looks MUCH better fixed!!!!!!

By the way, what purpose would you be defeating by having it fixed??

Also, the copyright text at the bottom is in black, so you can't see it!
judel Wrote:By the way, what purpose would you be defeating by having it fixed??

Also, the copyright text at the bottom is in black, so you can't see it!

I think the bg looks ok the way it is... Fixed. Toungue

The text at the bottom is actually purple (for the moment) and clearly visible..

Try Navigation > Portal and see if it looks different there.. Also if you're using FireFox.. it renders colours differently. Wink
No the text is black, the links are purple..
CraKteR Wrote:No the text is black, the links are purple..

???

This is what I'm looking at... and it's also brighter than this on the alien-space theme.

I only used purple, red, yellow and a few others to see what the .css changes where, as new .css classes have been added into the templates. And no doubt will require a few more changes.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I dislike the background as well...

And all of the images are grainy and pixelated.

I do, however, love what you have done with the tables (transparency). Big Grin

I've done a backflip on the background and agree with you.. Toungue

With an LCD monitor it looks awful and the pixelation ruins the outline of the other images..

Back to the drawing board to find something that suits both types of monitors... and the theme. Wink
This is what I'm talking about.
It's black.
Got me beat... both of my monitors CRT & LCD using IE show the text as white...

Anyway.... It ain't finished or available yet. So I don't think I'll rush in and change it at the moment until I find a more suitable background. Toungue
I just had a look with FireFox and I see what you mean.... Get FireFox to fix it.. Wink Or use IE..

The copyright message is clear for all to see using IE...

I don't use FF and installed it just for this test.. So all of the 'Other' browser users will have to put up with what they get. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5