MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What's your guys opinion on it? I am currently on a Virtual Machine of it and hate it with a passion. This is totally a tablet OS. It should NOT be for PC's.
It IS a tablet OS. Period. Microsoft did nothing but jam the terrible WP7 system with Windows 7 and bundle it in a little package known as Windows 8.
Is it RC yet? Or Still DP?
Saw yesterday. But haven't yet explored.
It's been released for manufacturing, I think.

The problem Windows 8 faces is not that it is useless - it will no doubt be good on a tablet to which is what made for - it's that there isn't anything wrong with Windows 7. It isn't terrible, certainly not Vista-esque, but we're all so used to how good 7 is that we will hate anything that changes it. I'm quite happy to use it at home but I'll be sticking with 7 at the office.

I have it on a laptop and a family member, who still uses Windows XP, said "Oooh, isn't that nice". That's how 8 will probably be successful.
I was also using XP till now haha until I recently bought myself a new PC which consisted Windows 7 Home Premium. I would have refused to chose Windows 7 if I was allowed to and would have had XP instead (cannot, since it comes directly from company, Dell). Initially I had lot of troubles finding things which was easy in XP and still cannot figure out many things but it's not so bad as well. I am an old school type of guy.

And am entitled for windows 8 upgrade offer just for $12-14 USD as I've bought a new PC after June 2012, but I guess I won't upgrade to 8.
Lol I won't be going near it.
(2012-08-29, 06:27 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I have it on a laptop and a family member, who still uses Windows XP, said "Oooh, isn't that nice". That's how 8 will probably be successful.

Totally agree, Windows 7 is currently enough for most uses, no sure why they pushed W8 out this way. Yes, the design idea is fantastic, more that what W7 was, but the desktop OS just doesn't fits a desktop environment at all.
Installed the RTM version on a VM to give it a go. Very strange not having Start button Smile but I did like a few things that they added in, like the Task Manager.
Im just gonna give it a miss. Honestly, I'll stick with W7 forevermore if this is the direction they are going in. OSX is my main OS now anyway, and I like it. So if needs be, I'll jus ditch Windows altogether. I only use windows for steam games anyway :s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9