MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tools of the trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm just wondering what are some of the different things that you guys use to work on design, graphics, development, etc? Personally, I'm an Adobe kind of guy. I'm a little lost without Photoshop currently (switched computers don't know what happened to disc) and I used Dreamweaver for coding before the switch. Right now, I just use Notepad++ to edit any kind of file. And don't even get me started on GIMP. I just could never grasp the interface as good as Photoshop...

So, what do ya'll use?
I use Photoshop CS6 as well as Adobe Brackets for all of my stuff (Though recently I've been using http://koding.com more and more).

Brackets is free, so no worries there, but Photoshop isn't of course.
Coding:-

PHP - Netbeans on OSX, Notepad++ on windows (because I only really code on mac)
Java - Eclipse
vb.NET - Visual Studio 2012 (Windows Native), Visual Studio 2010 (Virtualised Windows)

Design:-

Photoshop CS4 - Got a good student deal on it, and I can't stand gimp....
Notepad++.
(2012-09-08, 07:05 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I use Photoshop CS6 as well as Adobe Brackets for all of my stuff (Though recently I've been using http://koding.com more and more).

I just checked out Brackets. Looks like it'll be interesting, will definitely have to keep an eye on it. And Koding looks fun too, definitely gonna have to see if I can get on there. Thanks for the resource o/

(2012-09-08, 07:05 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Coding:-

Java - Eclipse
vb.NET - Visual Studio 2012 (Windows Native), Visual Studio 2010 (Virtualised Windows)

I'm in CSC101 at the moment and we're doing C++, and we're using Dev-C++. I considered using Visual Studio, but the teacher was a bit weird about it or something. Do you have any thoughts on the two?
PHP, Python, HTML, CSS: Sublime Text 2
Java: Eclipse
Design: GIMP 2.8 on Linux and Photoshop CS3 on Windows
(2012-09-08, 07:24 PM)AiedailEclipsed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-08, 07:05 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I use Photoshop CS6 as well as Adobe Brackets for all of my stuff (Though recently I've been using http://koding.com more and more).

I just checked out Brackets. Looks like it'll be interesting, will definitely have to keep an eye on it. And Koding looks fun too, definitely gonna have to see if I can get on there. Thanks for the resource o/

(2012-09-08, 07:05 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Coding:-

Java - Eclipse

I'm in CSC101 at the moment and we're doing C++, and we're using Dev-C++. I considered using Visual Studio, but the teacher was a bit weird about it or something. Do you have any thoughts on the two?

Not sure, I must say, visual studio is an amazing IDE. I tried to find something similar for Java and there simply isn't one. I haven't stride Dev-C++, but as far as IDE's go, I'd say Visual Studio is a market leader. I'd say Microsoft definitely employed the right people for that team Toungue
I use notepad++, PS CS5 and FW.
For coding: Notepad
For graphics: Microsoft Paint
I use Notepad but also like Notepad++ and for graphics I use Photoshop cs4.
Pages: 1 2 3 4