MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Branding Free Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Chris Boulton Wrote:Standard MyBB branding removal is currently priced at $85.00 USD. This enables you to effectively remove the copyright and powered by statements on your forum (however you may not place your own "Powered by" statement on the forum either).

Sweet!
Quote:Are you thinking about transfering the domains to a place like GoDaddy or NameCheap? It'll save you about 13 AUD per year.
However they require a credit card payment and I'm trying to keep everything using the one Paypal account and as much as I can, localised in Australia.

The pricing for domains doesn't really worry me even if I don't make it back - it is only $50
Blimey Chris, I wasn't expecting it to be that cheap! :o

Still, I'd only ever need to use it for my business clients who want it removing, so I'm not complaining about the price Wink
Wow, that IS pretty cheap for branding removal. Personally, I'd suggest at least $150 USD that if you're talking about a one-time fee that doesn't need to be renewed and is good for all future versions of MyBB as well. You're selling yourselves short Smile

Not that I'll be taking advantage of the low price. I'm quite proud to promote MyBB Wink
To be honest if I choose brand free I don't mind if you spent the money on yourself, you work hard for MyBB so why not make a little something for yourself, I doubt many people would complain.
Galen Wrote:Wow, that IS pretty cheap for branding removal. Personally, I'd suggest at least $150 USD that if you're talking about a one-time fee that doesn't need to be renewed and is good for all future versions of MyBB as well. You're selling yourselves short Smile

Not that I'll be taking advantage of the low price. I'm quite proud to promote MyBB Wink

The staff agreed on this price, and since this is a free product I think it's a good price. Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Are you thinking about transfering the domains to a place like GoDaddy or NameCheap? It'll save you about 13 AUD per year.
However they require a credit card payment and I'm trying to keep everything using the one Paypal account and as much as I can, localised in Australia.

The pricing for domains doesn't really worry me even if I don't make it back - it is only $50
Namecheap.com seems to do well with paypal. I use it to register most of my domains.
I just found out about this option.

Is there away of knowing that a sites using a branding free option? I wouldn't want any cyber nutters claiming I (if i was going to get it) was doing something illegal.

Would also guess the answer to the last post on page one was yes, that this is option was for every future release. Well I'm not but I would like to see some sort of special membership so I could donate etc

I never donate unless I know it's respected and not $10 I mean more and frequently because I like what I see here.

~kerrang!
Quote:Is there away of knowing that a sites using a branding free option? I wouldn't want any cyber nutters claiming I (if i was going to get it) was doing something illegal.
We keep a list of sites with a branding free license and whenever we use our piracy report tool we check against that list first.

Note, we also require you provide us with the URL of your forum so we can ensure you won't be contacted about removing the copyright.
Quote:Would also guess the answer to the last post on page one was yes, that this is option was for every future release.
For as long as you use MyBB on that domain.

Quote:Well I'm not but I would like to see some sort of special membership so I could donate etc
At the moment we don't really have a sort of "VIP" membership system happening but we may some time in the future. We're always accepting donations though and the money always goes directly to what I mentioned above, the server & other costs for MyBB.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Is there away of knowing that a sites using a branding free option? I wouldn't want any cyber nutters claiming I (if i was going to get it) was doing something illegal.
We keep a list of sites with a branding free license and whenever we use our piracy report tool we check against that list first.

Note, we also require you provide us with the URL of your forum so we can ensure you won't be contacted about removing the copyright.
Quote:Would also guess the answer to the last post on page one was yes, that this is option was for every future release.
For as long as you use MyBB on that domain.

Quote:Well I'm not but I would like to see some sort of special membership so I could donate etc
At the moment we don't really have a sort of "VIP" membership system happening but we may some time in the future. We're always accepting donations though and the money always goes directly to what I mentioned above, the server & other costs for MyBB.

Regards,
Chris

Thank you for taking the time to reply Chris. Smile

One small question; If the site changes domain names, yet the forums remains on the same site. Say someone moved from a .info domain to a .com, this would be acceptable? (I know common sense, but I'm sure some would be interested)

That sounds very cool, even if it doesn't get applied I would be interested in supporting such a package like this and I guess the donation e-mail is something like [email protected]? well thanks again for taking time to reply.

Much appreciate,
~kerrang!
Pages: 1 2 3 4