MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Branding Free Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you change URLs, just contact Chris. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

The paypal address is [email protected].

Thanks for supporting MyBB Smile
I dont realy think there is anything wrong with the Powered by MYBB link, Its tiny and i dont view it as "improfetional" to feature the link. You have to pay for VBB and it still has a link down the bottom (Atlest the ones i have seen). Though i suppos it does help the mybb creators recover some costs.
I would never get rid of the mybb copyright. Some people feel proud to have that on there forums Smile
Chris, I know you are always trying to defend the fact that MyBB is free and we applaud you for this stance, at the same time you should not have to justify every cent you take in.

We all need to make a buck and hope MyBB can do that in the future so it can grow.

Maybe you need to adjust your model and philosophy a bit to succeed long term and that may involve making some money so the organization can thrive long term.

I think MyBB could add premium features and charge for them just like vB is doing with their social network and blog products.

Even vBAdvanced makes good money selling their directory add on script for vB.
I don't really mind the developers using the 'excess' money from donations for personal use.. So as long as the development of mybb is smooth as well as the website being stable. Smile But that's just me Big Grin

i don't think I might remove the powered by MyBB link. It's like pride to mybboard powered forum admins out there Big Grin
AVC Wrote:I think MyBB could add premium features and charge for them just like vB is doing with their social network and blog products.
I don't think that's a good solution. The people who have the money will get all the "premium goodies" while the less fortunate people have to get the "stripped down" version.

That's what I like about the free forums so much, they never will trick you into buying extra stuff. You can be sure that everything that has to do with your forum software is free.

I don't mind making a nice donation when I'm using MyBB on a big website, no problemo. But I don't like the idea of "premium addons" which will divide the community.
Wheel-World Wrote:I dont realy think there is anything wrong with the Powered by MYBB link, Its tiny and i dont view it as "improfetional" to feature the link. You have to pay for VBB and it still has a link down the bottom (Atlest the ones i have seen). Though i suppos it does help the mybb creators recover some costs.

Jag100 Wrote:I would never get rid of the mybb copyright. Some people feel proud to have that on there forums Smile

if a hacker knows your boards php then its far more likley that you will suffer a malicious attack. think, if a hacker finds a weekness all the have to do is google search "powered by mybb" and they can hack every mybb forum on the whole web in 10 minutes using a bot.
sirtokealot Wrote:if a hacker knows your boards php then its far more likley that you will suffer a malicious attack. think, if a hacker finds a weekness all the have to do is google search "powered by mybb" and they can hack every mybb forum on the whole web in 10 minutes using a bot.

oh please, MyBB is very safe for 1.2 versions. Rolleyes
i am sure if someone wanted to and they had the skills then they could/would.
sirtokealot Wrote:i am sure if someone wanted to and they had the skills then they could/would.

yes, but i believe a security patch will come very fast.

http://www.surfionline.com/archives/2007...4-release/
Pages: 1 2 3 4