MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Without doubt the best idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-09-23, 09:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-23, 07:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]This thing is, MyBB is a forum software, so why would the portal be the primary page?

because some folks, like me, build the site around MyBB and use the portal as the home page and go from there.

As do I. But that doesn't stop MyBB being a forum software, the homepage should be the forums, not a portal/blog/whatever, not as default at least. That of course, is my opinion.
But this is without a doubt, the best idea.
Make the portal and the forum so we can set which one to view when visiting index.php. Simple.
(2012-09-24, 05:39 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-23, 09:01 PM)Acid Wrote: [ -> ]Theres an improved portal page plugin: ProPortal, and if thats not enough just make the homepage a wordpress site then put the forum under a subdomain.

this is worst idea i heard in my whole life, i want just to make an awesome homepage for mybb
guys just imagine with me what will happen when this idea happen our mybb forums will be very very awesome trust me people

Bad idea? I have a great looking portal page on one of my forums.
It would be better of to make a plug in for a Content Management Portal and let the forum user decide if they want to use the plug in portal.

That way myBB stays as a forum only set up as stated many times by the developers that it is to be a forum software only planning.
Your idea would be ok, but that would be something you can easily do on your own, I dont think the developers would implement it into the entire system.
(2012-09-28, 02:48 AM)Mr407 Wrote: [ -> ]Your idea would be ok, but that would be something you can easily do on your own, I dont think the developers would implement it into the entire system.

if the developer will not make this then (why in bloody hell mybb owner make this forum "MyBB 2.0 Suggestions and Feedback" ?_?)
Just because there is a suggestions forum doesn't mean every suggestion will be implemented.
(2012-10-02, 03:36 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Just because there is a suggestions forum doesn't mean every suggestion will be implemented.

i cant see any suggestion get accepted
suggestions that are in the best interest of the software and the majority of its users are usually accepted. these one-off requests that few users want dont always make it.

sorry that is the way it is, but they need to prioritize what is important
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5