MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: server 500 error on upgrade to 1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm beginning to think that my forum in jinxed!  I thought the upgrade did fine. Went through all the steps and then I was even able to go to my forum, but when I tried to log in, I was given this error screen.

[attachment=4160]

I can login into Admin cp and everything looks fine in there!  Why isn't my forum showing up?????

I am with godaddy, but I did Grilldog's this morning, and he is also with godaddy.  That upgrade went smoothly, and his site is running fine!  Why not mine?  Please help, as I don't know what to do and my forum is completely down!!!

EDIT: I've tried copying the files again, and this is a new error I get!

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/*****/html/forum/index.php on line 17

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/****/html/forum/index.php on line 17

EDIT AGAIN:
Well, I don't want my forum down for hours, so I copied my old files back!  At least my old forum is back, though it's really messed up!  So I hope someone comes on soon that can take a look and help me fix it!!!  Big Grin
A few of you know my url, but if anyone else wants to help, I can PM you the address!
500 internal server error isn't a bug with MyBB, its a problem with your server. and IMO godaddy ain't the best of hosts.... You REALLY need to just give us a chance to fix your problems before you go copying all the old files back. Either 1) Your chmod pemissions got screwed up on global.php 2) Your global.php is missing or 3) Your global.php is corrupt
That's it? No hope for my forum?  Can you even help get me back to 1.2?  Everything's working but the templates!

I'm sorry, Tiki, but there is no way I'm going to allow my forum to be down for hours or days, if I can get it at least functioning with the old files!

I even downloaded a new version of 1.2.1 today to try again!
are you freaking seriously downgraded to 1.1.8 again?
No! I'm at 1.2 again! But the templates are all messed up!
How are the templates 'all messed up'?
Do you still have the address to my forum?  Hard to explain, other than to say that besides the on, off, offlock, collapse, and other images like that, there is no background or headers or anything like that!  It looks like the forum has been stripped of all the extras...though I haven't stumbled upon anything that isn't working or any error messages. I just copied my backed up 1.2 files to get the forum up and running again!
Do you have access to your apache erro logs?
They actually give a description of the 500 internal server error. Then we can help you from there.
my apache error logs?  I wouldn't know where to get those!

It is kind of funny to have the quick edit on my forum working, when everything else looks like crap though!
That's one big problem with GoDaddy. Most hosts that use cPanel give you access to error logs.
I can't help you since I don't have details to your site. Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4