MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Tech Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[Image: 20qi4jo.png]

URL: http://www.thetechplayers.co.uk

[Image: c8aa3b867f584280ef2a819d5a222d6a.png]

[Image: a8d49d9e2993149d3065f2ed37b0095d.png]

We are a community which enjoys chillin' out and posting, we discuss many different topics and we're a General & Gaming community. A majority of the registered users are friendly and willing to assist you out with mostly anything. For a limited time, anyone who registers will be given Prestige Membership free of charge! Just make sure you private message me your username ,after getting 10 posts, either on here or on The Tech Players, you'll be upgraded, along with receiving the Prestige Member award.

Benefits:
Customised Premium Membership page by Jordan
Many achievable awards
Many joinable groups!
Tabs for different sections.
Friendly community.
Staff who are always willing to assist you.
Active community.
Custom theme by Jordan & Jimmy.
Creditable Website pages.

Sections:

We try to focus around making the forums General & Gaming related considering that's what we were aiming for whenever we made the website but now it's based around near enough more:

[Image: 00a5cfdee532390b60c28a6c3f820261.png]

[Image: 6825a5556eca05d7dfa15795ead3d5b1.png]

[Image: d51fac184600487cc6288311f006c8d2.png]

[Image: ae705cf9c429d7005cfb317f0e44468b.png]

Stats

Our members have made a total of 11,900 posts in 1,293 threads.
We currently have 683 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Toxique
The most users online at one time was 22 on 10-07-2012 at 07:13 PM

Staff Team

[Image: cc0ceb3522489fc0e081badaaa2ee82b.png]

How to acquire Prestige

1. Signup with your desired username.
2. Visit the Initiations & Farewells forum.
3. Create a new introduction thread & make a total of 10 posts.
4. Post back on this thread with your username.
5. You'll receive lifetime Prestige Membership along with the benefits!

You can join by clicking here: http://www.thetechplayers.co.uk/member.p...referrer=1
Lol, the theme seriously confused me. It doesn't look like a gaming forum at all - looks more so like coding forum than anything and sorry but the theme is quite meh imho. You have 3 different textures, your logo is quite bad,you still have the default subforum images then when you hover over the menu the hover is a blue and the hover style is different from the theme style which doesn't appeal to me because it's not coherent with the website main style, plus it's a blue that is not used through the layout and it's different from the blue on the logo so it's like "Wth is that doing there?"
We just started yesterday. We're not a Gaming Forum. More likely a General Forum. We'll change as forum grows. I am coding a custom theme for it. I have made custom forum icons to add.
Site is slow as molasses, and I agree of all that was said above.
Theme is a decent temporary theme to be honest, it doesn't need to be good if you're coding your own. There are too many sections though and you need to actually choose a niche and not just jump into the ocean of general discussion forums.
(2012-10-08, 04:19 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Theme is a decent temporary theme to be honest, it doesn't need to be good if you're coding your own. There are too many sections though and you need to actually choose a niche and not just jump into the ocean of general discussion forums.

Well, pretty much agreed. But it's been just a day for now. The progress is pretty good IMO. Most likely the niche would be Technology, Gaming & General things as the name The Tech Players suggests. But it'll be a while till I add them. Most Forums have Markets these days. So, I am not sure what would be my approach towards it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
The progress at the beginning of forums is always the most progress for the majority. It will eventually sizzle out and it will just be you posting in all those sections, and the content won't be in any way original because of the niche you're in. Why would someone join this general forum instead of "Something Awful" for example or the numerous other choices?

Are you a technology fan? Can you honestly tell me you could post 30 threads a day if you wanted because of how much you love technology? Do you know a lot about technology? Could I come to you with a technology problem and you could almost certainly help me in some form? Niches are very important and I just don't see any success in this niche at all, we see sites like this every week in the showcase section.
Ok mate, you've a point. But I've not set to make any of the Forums that die in a week or 2. I am here, to make something unique. I know there are numerous General Forums but my focus will be Gaming & Technology. Yes, I can post and help people with tech. It's always oneself to begin with. I'm gonna take it as a challenge out there.
What makes your site different/better?
(2012-10-08, 04:51 PM)SpiXed Wrote: [ -> ]I am here, to make something unique. I know there are numerous General Forums but my focus will be Gaming & Technology.

That sentence contradicts itself. There are numerous gaming & technology forums out there like IGN for example, how do you challenge those? Honestly, it's borderline impossible now without a big list of site positives.

Even HF has gaming and technology sections and could be classed, why would someone join this site instead of just joining HF?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9