MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS3 and HTML5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
fully support of CSS3 and HTML5 both in administration and user spaces
fully compatible with windows 8 (support Unicode and virtual host servers such as xampp) for editing and customizing codes of mybb v2
full support of Persian languages with beautiful Farsi-translated templates for this desirable and extensive-range language.
increase speed of loading in servers
link and interchangeability with other scripts and browsers and OS and Eshop maker specially presta shop
and etc
1. Will depend on how well they are supported. I doubt MyBB is going to use things that most popular browsers at the time don't support. You can do this now with your own theme as well Wink.

2. Windows 8 has nothing to do with MyBB and neither does xampp. The browser and the version of php/mysql in xampp will determine Mybb compatibility. It's not MyBBs job to make sure other products keep up with the times.

3. That's up to a translator.

4. Well I'm sure that's always a goal.

5. An API will be available as said many times.

6. We can't read minds we don't know what etc includes...
Quote:It's not MyBBs job to make sure other products keep up with the times.

I find this interesting to read. HTML5 will have reasonable support in IE10, and already does in Chrome and Firefox. I think MyBB is the chicken here Wink. The semantic elements that MyBB would use are very well supported. It's just the more specific stuff that's shaky at this point.

People need to let go of IE7 and IE8.
Justin will decide it closer to the time of release. That's not anytime soon.
Are you really going to use MyBB for a less technical topic where your users probably won't always have the latest versions of the browsers (and probably on IE to top it off). Not to mention those who are trying to visit your site from work where they don't have a choice of browser at all. Plus in this world of mobility if you look the mobile versions of most browsers are still far behind(even worse than IE7/8/9).
I understand what you mean. I was just pointing out the first thing that came to mind for me. I see plenty of websites at least embracing the basic HTML5 elements. I'm not aiming to fuss about it, because at the end of the day, I'll have a custom theme. I just think that MyBB 2.0 could benefit [from newer technologies], seeing as it is quite a ways out.
I can almost guarantee that CSS3 will be used.
Just to put it out here it's not that I'm against using them. But, only the widely supported ones should be put in place to start out. And, CSS isn't as much of an issue since it degrades pretty gracefully.
As Nathan said, it will be decided nearer release. I did see somewhere fairly recently that the W3C may be aiming for a 2014 completion of the spec so that could be a good sign.
CSS3 will definitely be used:

http://nonloser.com/img/images/20dan.jpg (Rounded corners with no image tags, unless they used :before and :after, but I doubt it)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5