MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply keeps loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-10-29, 09:16 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]you have 582 errors on your showthread page. It is a miracle it loads at all. Fix the HTML.

Thats realy strange because the file is original from Mybb, so Mybb have so many errors?? Ony thing what is add in the html is a code to make things invisible for guest the rest is original.

And I not really know allot of html, so I don't know how to fix this. But again its trange that a original file have errors.......
Also its a thing from a couple of days ago, before all works fine
No, that is not original MyBB. MyBB validates. You have plugins and edits on a custom theme. Go to the validator and check your site.
I don't know how trusted the validator is but if I check my site there, 3 times all the 3 times the validator gifs diffrent errors, then 141, then 345 then 9 errors, so I don't know but it likes that a validator isn't 100%......

And I have not the knowing fix html because I don't know that and how I fix.. So its a thing that I not knows, and if I start and its not right I messup my hole forum
Galaxy, I have told you this before (I am sure of it but am not gonna check all my posts).

Your HTML does not validate. << FACT

This will make styling the board harder and may break some functions. You have errors, you need to fix them. Depending on which page you look at the errors can vary.
(2012-10-29, 09:40 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Galaxy, I have told you this before (I am sure of it but am not gonna check all my posts).

Your HTML does not validate. << FACT

This will make styling the board harder and may break some functions. You have errors, you need to fix them. Depending on which page you look at the errors can vary.

U say to me that I not read all your posts but u also not read all my posts. AGAIN I don't knows things about html so how in gods name do I fix this errors then??? I can go do things but i'm sure that after a couple of seconds my hole forum is messup because if u don't know what u doing its go wrong, and I don't know what to do simple... U say errors make problems, I beleave u BUT why the forum is working correct only the loading problem. and why is this problem now and not 3 days ago without change something....

btw.

I loaded 3 times the same page and always other numbers of errors, I not have loaded 3 diffrent pages, no 3 the same pages and alway another numbers of errors
Galaxy, you do what the rest of us do - you learn how. None of us were born knowing HTML.
Use the validator - read what it says, start from the top and fix it. Some tips to make it easier:

In server and Optimisation Options in ACP set Output template start/end comments to YES.

When you go to the validator page, you have the options to tick. Tick More Options Show Source Show Outline.

Then input your url and read through the error report. Start at the top and fix it - most of your issues are unclosed tags and missing alts, that sort of thing.

If you are still struggling then you can read up on W3 Schools (for simple stuff they are reliable enough).

http://validator.w3.org/

http://www.w3schools.com/
ok, thanks I will take a look at the weekend for this. Thanks for the links and help!!

(2012-10-30, 04:33 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]ok, thanks I will take a look at the weekend for this. Thanks for the links and help!!

Hmm I don't know with the validator, I have 11 errors and 3 warn on showthread page, I download mybb on mybb check the original showthread without plugins etc (just downloaded) and also 11 errors and 3 warn like mine so the validator works right?? Why standard mybb have the same errors ???

see picture of the standard original showthread from mybb
[Image: ZP7F4.png?1]

U see 11 errors and 3 warn. Same if I check the templates, both templates same errors ????
You don't upload the file. You have to specify an url.
Right, an example url is your index php.

http://www.galaxyfreaks.nl/index.php

You also have to realise that the validator sees your board as a guest - so they might get a no permissions page rather than what you EXPECT them to see. Make sure when you validate that you check what they have actually validated.
I have put some templates back to the original mybb and tryed but still with quick reply keeps loading anny other idee what this is???

Also if I use quick reply and I click on Preview Post first and then I post the quick reply there is no problem and it works fine. But if I place a quick reply without first to preview the post it will be keeps loading
Pages: 1 2 3 4