MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply keeps loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-11-04, 10:26 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You still have many errors.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3...ator%2F1.3

Leefish, I have set my forum back to the mybb default template without anny plugins, or edits and still the same problem... so the errors not the problem that the page keeps loading so thats why we need to take a look futher then the errors, something else is the problem not the errors. And it have always works its something from a couple of days and before I had the same errors so the errors are not the problem here.

Someone a idee outside the errors then this problem can be
Galaxy, it could just be that your site is very slow. That can cause the quick reply to hang. I DO know that the most common causes of quick reply not working are

1) Cheap host
2) Bad HTML

Re the MyBB default. The only way you could check that it is your templates would be to set the MyBB skin to the default theme, disable plugins using the global switch, confirm that the default templates validate and try and post a post using quick reply. If you have done that, then it is the host.
Leefish come on, if u don't know what the problem is ok its fine then maybe annyone else can help me with the problem. The host is the problem now I have say it more then one time IT HAVE ALWAYS WORKS CORRECT!!!! ITS SOMETHING FROM A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO.... My forum works fast, the html is the same then when it works and also still the same host.

So no bad host and no html that this can be the loading problem.. Because why it works a couple days ago and now not and everyone is the same...

If the template, is on default en yes without plugin activated its fine and the page loads quick so there is a diffrent problem.
Galaxy - I am telling you what the cause of this problem usually is. Are you telling me that on a default set of templates with no plugins that the quick reply worked? In that case it IS something you have changed. It's a new plugin, or one template tweak too far that broke the HTML so bad it stopped working.

It will be in postbit or most likely in showthread.

Look in your admin logs to see what changes you made in the last week or so, round about where it stopped working.

And - just a comment - quick reply or no quick reply - you should sort out that HTML. But - sure, I will leave this open for someone else to help. I see there have been a lot of takers so far.

* Leefish walks away
it stay strange that if I click preview first the post wil posted without problems. Click I on post reply the forum keeps loading, its a thing we maybe take over it.
Oke, all the errors on my forum are gone thanks to Leefish, he have fix my forum.
Now I hear from Leefish that quick reply works well and the moderators say the same, quick reply works well. But I have still the problem that quick reply keeps loading. I have deleted the cache, run CCleaner (a spyware and fix program) have run the virus scan and still the quick reply keeps loading on my computer. I tryed 3 browsers and all the same prblem.

So what can it be that everywhere the quick reply works well and on my comupter not. Connection ect is fine and only on my forum it not works. Here on Mybb quick reply works also for me..

So annyone ??
Galaxy, try making a dummy account on your board (a standard user) and see if the quick reply works when you post as that dummy user. If it does, then it is something that is specific to you and your account on that theme on your forum.

If we know that is the cause then we can start looking at things like template conditionals for admingroup or your specific uid that may be breaking things.
(2012-11-24, 11:21 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Galaxy, try making a dummy account on your board (a standard user) and see if the quick reply works when you post as that dummy user. If it does, then it is something that is specific to you and your account on that theme on your forum.

If we know that is the cause then we can start looking at things like template conditionals for admingroup or your specific uid that may be breaking things.

I have a dummy account and on the account the same problem.. also 2 moderators have the same problem one using chrome as browser the other one opera.. So the problem is still there and on more members..

(2012-11-24, 11:21 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Galaxy, try making a dummy account on your board (a standard user) and see if the quick reply works when you post as that dummy user. If it does, then it is something that is specific to you and your account on that theme on your forum.

I have a dummy account and on the account the same problem.. also 2 moderators have the same problem one using chrome as browser the other one opera.. So the problem is still there and on more members..
hmm, but I checked all those templates, the only thing that was still in there is that if block in the postbit. have you removed it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4