MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube Community Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is no risk of lawsuit here. You're making this up.
I like the idea, might join when it gets a little bigger Smile
This site is asking for a lawsuit. And without YT's express prior OK, it's unethical. Why? Research or ask an attorney. Whether this site could exist long enough to profit without getting a lawsuit is another matter. That this site is asking for a lawsuit of course doesn't mean there will be a lawsuit. And, a lawsuit certainly doesn't seem likely because this site would need to be popular and draw enough people ($$) away from YT to even get Google's attention.
(2012-11-25, 09:44 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]This site is asking for a lawsuit. And without YT's express prior OK, it's unethical. Why? Research or ask an attorney.

Post sources or go away. Fed up of reading utter nonsense to try and scare potential webmasters. You would have posted the exact same thing on my showcase thread should my site have been just a few weeks old.
(2012-11-25, 03:39 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]Post sources or go away. Fed up of reading utter nonsense to try and scare potential webmasters. You would have posted the exact same thing on my showcase thread should my site have been just a few weeks old.
Oh, I think I've helped the OP enough for today. Smile
What the hell are you talking about? The site is clearly not affiliated with YouTube in ANY WAY. You can't be sued just because you made a forum about a specific topic. I could make a forum about MyBB and there's nothing MyBB could do about it. He doesn't even use "YouTube" in the name. You're full of it.

The fact that you call it unethical takes you from ignorant into full-on idiot-jerk territory.
(2012-11-26, 03:33 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What the hell are you talking about? The site is clearly not affiliated with YouTube in ANY WAY. You can't be sued just because you made a forum about a specific topic. I could make a forum about MyBB and there's nothing MyBB could do about it. He doesn't even use "YouTube" in the name. You're full of it.

The fact that you call it unethical takes you from ignorant into full-on idiot-jerk territory.
So let me see if I have this right. You don't agree? Smile
This isn't a matter of opinion. This is a matter of facts, and you don't have them.
(2012-11-25, 09:44 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]This site is asking for a lawsuit. And without YT's express prior OK, it's unethical.

Does this mean HUGE forums like Sonic Retro or MuggleNet are asking to be sued? Um, let me see, no.

Seriously brad's in the right here. If every forum about a well-known topic is asking for a lawsuit, half the Internet's webmasters would be getting sued.
Going by your logic, Google can be sued by mathematicians as it is a play on words (googolplex).
Pages: 1 2 3 4