MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube Community Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-11-26, 02:52 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]No it doesn't support anything when you take into consideration that he owns the largest hacking forum in the world crawling with feds, and is constantly threatened.

You are one of the most annoying users here by far. You don't need to consult a lawyer AT ALL before launching a forum like this. "Oh no he's discussing the biggest site in the world, Google will definitely fund a lawsuit because this forum can do SO MUCH DAMAGE to Google". Yeah definitely.

Your paranoia has gone to extreme levels. My forum would seem at much more risk than the OP's, and I've not gone near a lawyer once. Why would I? I agree that perhaps if you're not sure whether it's okay then research, but I really wished that you researched because your constant preaching is disgustingly inaccurate.
Oh dear... so extreme... Smile I hope you don't pain your self over my opinons.
(2012-11-26, 03:02 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear... so extreme... Smile I hope you don't pain your self over my opinons.

opinions*

Probably not wise to give legal advice if you can't spell.
Eh, give up on this idiot and put him on ignore. Not worth talking to someone like this. As someone who actually works in marketing and coordinates with legal departments, I'm pretty confident in what I'm saying. As long as OP makes it clear he's not affiliated with Google and doesn't use their trademark in his name – and he doesn't – he's fine.

OP, your biggest problem right now is that there's no reason to join. There's no content. It's shocking to me there's no video player on the homepage. What's your value proposition?
(2012-11-26, 03:37 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-26, 03:02 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear... so extreme... Smile I hope you don't pain your self over my opinons.

opinions*

Probably not wise to give legal advice if you can't spell.
Crayo, as posted earlier, I don't post legal advice. A typo is a typo. Your post quoted here is called a strawman argument. You make something up (that I gave legal advice), and then knock it down and claim victory. This too is not ethical.

I suggest each of you re-read my posts in this thread and learn from them, for your benefit and that of MyBB.
*Sigh*

The point here is, you tend to take things too seriously BR549, which isn't a bad thing in some cases... but you do tend to take things too seriously. OP is not going to be running a multi-million dollar forum which will even be noticed by YouTube. And even if he was, on what grounds would YouTube have for suing him? You haven't provided any reasons that youtube would sue him.

And back at OP, I still think you should take the sidebars off. They're not adding anything useful to your forum.
(2012-11-26, 05:38 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]*Sigh*

The point here is, you tend to take things too seriously BR549, which isn't a bad thing in some cases... but you do tend to take things too seriously. OP is not going to be running a multi-million dollar forum which will even be noticed by YouTube. And even if he was, on what grounds would YouTube have for suing him? You haven't provided any reasons that youtube would sue him.

And back at OP, I still think you should take the sidebars off. They're not adding anything useful to your forum.

You guys molested this thread inside and out. Brilliant. Nice job. Maybe someone's forgot to check their ego before going out the door, because to be honest nobody gives a damn how much you guys are willing to push this thread.

But anyway, BR549 has a point. It's very practical to get legal assurance before establishing just about any website that could potentially implicate other products, services, or entities that are trademarked. -- Now aside from all that, I feeeeeeel it... I feeeeeeeeel Brad-t being a hypocrite (no offense) towards this subject again. Remember when I purchased a domain that was spelled similar to another website (someone needed to call the waaaaah-bulance) and that you contacted them that I was infringing their name (but soon after I've agreed to direct my domain to their website after a substantial reimbursement)? Why are you suddenly feeling that it's "OK," "wooooohoo free collectivism on the interwebz," "you can be google, microsoft, apple, amazon, ebay, or whatever but 'cho lime ain't gettin' sued y'all."

On-topic: OP, you've done a good job editing the colors with that free theme. I like the changes.
Big difference between using another company's trademark for an unrelated service and creating a fan forum for an online service without using their trademark. They're not even close to the same thing.

Rich that you berate everyone for derailing this thread and then try to start something with me, despite not having any understanding of the differences in context.

Also, suggesting someone is vulnerable to a lawsuit and should seek an attorney is certainly legal advice; to suggest otherwise is to be playing with semantics.
(2012-11-26, 06:38 PM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-26, 05:38 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]*Sigh*

You guys molested this thread inside and out. Brilliant. Nice job. Maybe someone's forgot to check their ego before going out the door, because to be honest nobody gives a damn how much you guys are willing to push this thread.

Quite a silly thing to say. I bet the OP would rather people assure him he's not in danger of being sued by Google than having wannabe attorneys tell him he is. It's not "molesting a thread", it's simply saying that what this paranoid user is saying is completely inaccurate. Then you go and start on brad - ironic as hell.
Guys, please move this conversation to Private Messages and stop derailing this thread before I start having to go on a warning spree.
Honestly, we should end it here and stop derailing OP's thread. I, as a matter of caution just thought it rightful to inform OP about what could be possible causes (even if none) and just frame a good policy and that he should be good to go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4