MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube Community Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-11-26, 04:01 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a matter of opinion. This is a matter of facts, and you don't have them.
I don't recall reading about these facts. Perhaps they are hidden away somewhere for safe keeping. Smile Short of a convincing disclosure, it hardly seems prudent for anyone here to advise against doing legal research or seeking the advice of an attorney. Or, is that the best legal advice you have to offer - take your word for it?
You're the one who said he's asking for a lawsuit and is being unethical – I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove that making a community about a subject to which you do not own the rights is illegal. I can't find any evidence that it is.
Dang...looking forward to the last post.
(2012-11-26, 04:47 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You're the one who said he's asking for a lawsuit and is being unethical – I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove that making a community about a subject to which you do not own the rights is illegal. I can't find any evidence that it is.
A careful re-read of my posts should clear this up.
Seek an attorney for what, having "yt" in his domain name or discussing one of the worlds biggest websites on a forum? Neither seem close to breaking any kind of law.

As I've said twice, there is no risk of lawsuit here at all, but if I'm wrong then post sources to prove it. Otherwise these childish scare tactics from seemingly wannabe e-attorneys are bothersome.
I'm pretty sure that eating four leaf clovers is illegal. Prove that it isn't, smart guy. Better ask an attorney just to make sure.

Can the backseat attorneys please get in the trunk and hopefully this guy can get some substantive comments that aren't fueled by paranoia? Thanks.
I don't post legal advice, and in an earlier thread I advised against taking such advice by others over the internet. But I've noticed you two and others at MyBB defend NOT seeking legal advice regarding the start of a MyBB forum, a venture involving many legal considerations. Such a position, to discourage or actively argue against legal research or seeking advice of an attorney, suggests an "ignorance is bliss" legal strategy. And this certainly does not seem prudent.

I can't imagine MyBB or any webmasters using MyBB being harmed by what I post. However, posting such as Crayo, brad-t and others have done in effect advising against doing legal research or seeking legal advice - that seems potentially damaging - at the very least to the image or reputation of MyBB.

But I don't doubt your heart is in the right place - for MyBB.
Ha, I should've known this was you: http://community.mybb.com/thread-117371.html

Keep your paranoia to yourself, please. You don't need to consult a lawyer every time you embark upon a project. Labrocca schooled you on this nonsense once before, can you please let it go?

I'm becoming convinced BR549 is here on behalf of a legal bar, trying to drum up some business.

(That's not serious, btw, but feel free to consult a lawyer if the ramifications of that comment are confusing)
(2012-11-26, 12:23 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, I should've known this was you: http://community.mybb.com/thread-117371.html

Keep your paranoia to yourself, please. You don't need to consult a lawyer every time you embark upon a project. Labrocca schooled you on this nonsense once before, can you please let it go?

I'm becoming convinced BR549 is here on behalf of a legal bar, trying to drum up some business.

(That's not serious, btw, but feel free to consult a lawyer if the ramifications of that comment are confusing)
Apparently you misunderstood that earlier thread. Labrocca claimed having an attorney and two accountants that advise him. Good of you to bring it up since it supports my posts in this thread. You keep trying though. Smile
(2012-11-26, 12:55 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-26, 12:23 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, I should've known this was you: http://community.mybb.com/thread-117371.html

Apparently you misunderstood that earlier thread. Labrocca claimed having an attorney and two accountants that advise him. Good of you to bring it up since it supports my posts in this thread. You keep trying though. Smile

No it doesn't support anything when you take into consideration that he owns the largest hacking forum in the world crawling with feds, and is constantly threatened.

You are one of the most annoying users here by far. You don't need to consult a lawyer AT ALL before launching a forum like this. "Oh no he's discussing the biggest site in the world, Google will definitely fund a lawsuit because this forum can do SO MUCH DAMAGE to Google". Yeah definitely.

Your paranoia has gone to extreme levels. My forum would seem at much more risk than the OP's, and I've not gone near a lawyer once. Why would I? I agree that perhaps if you're not sure whether it's okay then research, but I really wished that you researched because your constant preaching is disgustingly inaccurate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4