MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Dev] FLEX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2012-11-26, 10:40 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Lol not the one I was talking about, but fair enough. xD If you really want the dollar pm me your paypal.

http://i5.minus.com/im1JfS3XTVZix.png < GUN

Everyone knows the logo was you flexing your "guns" in grayscale. I mean, c'mon now.
Excepting the logo part (around where you nick is), I don't feel what you are excited about. Can't really see anything new this theme is bringing about (except being a original theme?), looking forward to the expected plugin features though!
(2012-11-27, 12:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Excepting the logo part (around where you nick is), I don't feel what you are excited about. Can't really see anything new this theme is bringing about (except being a original theme?), looking forward to the expected plugin features though!

Erm...probably (hopefully) the first properly responsive theme for MyBB?
Oh, I see. Looking forward to it.
Not sure a responsive theme will work for a forum, seems better to me to have a dedicated mobile theme. We shall see.
(2012-11-27, 02:47 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure a responsive theme will work for a forum, seems better to me to have a dedicated mobile theme. We shall see.

I haven't really thought of it that way until now. I kind of agree. Lets wait and see what Eric brings to the table first.
Great theme, Eric.

I don't think themes really need innovative features. People put so much emphasis on "what's different". That's what the forum software is for. I don't think theme developers should ever have to go out of their way to add crazy features. Especially if the theme is free.

Just looking different should be appealing enough for end-users. It's the admin that needs to add these features to their forum.
Great theme, looks promising. Seems to be inspired by the Go Series theme.
(2012-11-27, 03:13 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think themes really need innovative features. People put so much emphasis on "what's different". That's what the forum software is for. I don't think theme developers should ever have to go out of their way to add crazy features. Especially if the theme is free.

Just looking different should be appealing enough for end-users. It's the admin that needs to add these features to their forum.

Totally disagree. If someone is able to offer a compelling solution via themes and plugins as a complete package, and offer that to admins, that's really good.
I was very interested in a responsive theme - it should be quite a challenge to keep the js at a minimum and managing the tabular layout on the forumdisplay will also be fun.

I am not sure if bits of table code is still hardcoded in forumdisplay - it was the last time I looked, but that was a while ago. I did see some nice javascript tricks for tables in responsive layouts though, I am sure you have seen them too Eric.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6