MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't even know where to get started :s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So my problem is I have no clue what to do. Absolultly no clue. Please explain it for me Smile xxMy
Every start is hard. You can start from here:

http://docs.mybb.com/
Move the cursor over the button marked "Downloads" at the top of the page. Click your mouse. Move the cursor down to the button marked "Download now". Click your mouse. Save the file to a directory on your web-server. Extract. Browse to '/install' in the browser.

Funds depleted, for further guidance please enter a coin and provide more specific information.
It is downloaded but has about 500 different things that can be about the admin cp. mod cp. images etc. But how do I firstly get my forum onto the web and secondly I don't know any HTML except very very basic like... Paragraghs, List etc. Do I need any experience in HTML5 or HTML or JavaScript etc. ? Please help Sad

Me myself, Have adminned myBB forums before. Not as a super admin but as an admin. Honestly I wasn't the best admin. All I did there was clean up a gang of spammers with over 50 users in it. Merge all the accounts on the same IP together and manage mod apps. That's it. I really dont know where to start :s
(2012-12-04, 08:25 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know any HTML except very very basic like... Paragraghs, List etc. Do I need any experience in HTML5 or HTML or JavaScript etc. ? Please help Sad

General knowledge of HTML would certainly help you out, but it isn't necessary until later on if you wish to customize the look and feel of your forum. You can run the forum quite fine without even touching any code.

(2012-12-04, 08:25 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]how do I get my forum onto the web

Before that question can be answered, it would help to know how much knowledge you have about web servers and hosting, to avoid either confusing you or sounding completely condescending.
I really don't understand this. The language used is to 'advanced' I appreciate the help that is being supplied but so far it has not come into much use.
(2012-12-04, 08:38 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't understand this. The language used is to 'advanced' I appreciate the help that is being supplied but so far it has not come into much use.

Simply put: do you know what web hosting is?
Yea. I think. A site that is helping another run. For example. Webs.com or Forumotion.com am I right ?
(2012-12-04, 08:52 PM)aidandonnan Wrote: [ -> ]Yea. I think. A site that is helping another run. For example. Webs.com or Forumotion.com am I right ?

Yes, pretty much. To be able to have your forum accessible from the internet, you would need to have someone host it, which isn't free. There are some free hosts, but they're generally not great.

Since you're quite early on in terms of understanding how websites operate and function, it might be better for you to take smaller steps and learn some of the basics. Finish your driving lessons before learning how to drift, so to speak.
Pages: 1 2 3