MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google is evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Your banner should have a roll-over feature where when you move your cursor over the banner it changes from "Evil?" to "Evil? HELL YEAH!!!"
(2012-12-09, 05:57 PM)nunobrito Wrote: [ -> ]There is no irony involved. If the site has success is because google is indeed treating badly users.

My point went over your head I think.
How do you plan to market your website?
(2012-12-09, 07:55 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]How do you plan to market your website?

obviously with yahoo and ask jeeves
(2012-12-09, 07:51 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]My point went over your head I think.
In that case would you please explain your point clearly to me and the other folks reading this post?

(2012-12-09, 07:55 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]How do you plan to market your website?
1) Organic searches for the "google is evil" query are the sweet point to reach one day. The domain is new so it should take some weeks until becomes present on different search engines on its own.

2) I am looking for like-minded people on places such as related google support groups that are not happy with their (lack of) support and might be interested in contributing with relevant content to the site. This way hope the word-of-mouth effect can bring aboard new links and content.

3) Mentioning it across different social networks and forum sites where I participate (twitter, facebook, gplus, blog) to reach out for those who follow/read my posts.

4) On wikipedia, one goal is to have the community listed on the "do no evil" page that refers to the google principle. Right now it is still too young, will wait and see if one day the site has enough quality/relevance to be worth listing there.

5) Through my website network. On monthly basis the sites that I run cater hundreds of thousands unique viewers. The weekly newsletter on one of them has over 40k subscribers. Will place the link to bring aboard visitors and get page ranking. Will likely not use the newsletter to promote the new site, at least not until I feel it is appropriate.

Above all, to market the site I am just using my own content and opinions. No copied stuff from elsewhere around the web. If people like the place, they eventually participate.

(2012-12-09, 08:07 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]obviously with yahoo and ask jeeves
For the moment haven't used those two. However, I have already used Bing to my advantage. For example, MS has sponsored this page http://www.scroogled.com/ and from there you see them promoting the Bing page on Facebook as https://www.facebook.com/Bing

Mentioned this initiative on their page yesterday and quickly got 50 unique viewers in a couple of hours from FB. Partners to consider in the future are those who dislike the privacy woes from google and propose alternative services. In fact, I am already posting about one of them right here: http://www.google-is-evil.com/thread-3-post-9.html#pid9

Jason, I'm putting my effort to build a community based around something that I consider worthy of discussion. It might have no value to others and be worth of mockery, but this is a place where at the very least I can express my rants about the things that I note about google that go against the "do no evil" motto.

I use google products everyday. I have the right to express my disagreement to some of the changes that occur in their products. If my voice motivates a chance or awareness in the future, so much for the better.

If not, my loss. I might be better off in opening an yet another gaming-related forum and be happy with that.
Instead of creating a, what seems to be, Google hate site, why not voice your feedback to Google itself? Chances are no one from Google is going to bother to read feedback unless it's from a major news corporation or from direct messages sent to them.

Better still if you've got a group of people who feel the same way as you, why not get them to sign a petition or something along those lines? That sounds a lot better than a site where you just complain about Google.

I'm assuming the whole point of this is to get "eventual change", and if so there are better ways to go about it.
I'm not a Google fanboy by any means, but this is just immature. Rather than bringing attention to issues of actual concern, your hyperbole and childishness makes it impossible to take you seriously.
Google rules, OP is a bad person.
(2012-12-09, 09:47 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of creating a, what seems to be, Google hate site, why not voice your feedback to Google itself? Chances are no one from Google is going to bother to read feedback unless it's from a major news corporation or from direct messages sent to them.

Better still if you've got a group of people who feel the same way as you, why not get them to sign a petition or something along those lines? That sounds a lot better than a site where you just complain about Google.
They don't really hear do they? I've been doing that for many years now. Participating in the google groups, writing on my blog about things that I like or dislike and doesn't quite seem to make a difference. Plus, on a support group you are bound to get inconvenient messages get hidden quite fast.

It is not a google hate site and I don't support that. You won't find me saying that google products are bad. What I consider evil are changes deliberately made over time that impact the "do no evil" motto.

So, this site works as a public google-watch site. Whenever I see something ticking over evil side, I will be writing about this.

If you want to see a google hate site, visit scroogle. Or better, visit twitter with the hash #droidrage if you want to see some pointless hate going on right now.

(2012-12-09, 09:47 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming the whole point of this is to get "eventual change", and if so there are better ways to go about it.
I see few changes ever get done. Go ask them why Chrome is promoted as a modern option for those who use a perfectly functional Firefox.

(2012-12-09, 10:12 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a Google fanboy by any means, but this is just immature. Rather than bringing attention to issues of actual concern, your hyperbole and childishness makes it impossible to take you seriously.
Good, don't take me serious then. I'm quite serious when I write them, nobody forces you to agree.

(2012-12-09, 10:17 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Google rules, OP is a bad person.
Not really, I'm actually a quite nice person. Better think twice if google "rules" that much, one day might just be true and rule over you.
(2012-12-10, 10:27 AM)nunobrito Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-09, 09:47 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming the whole point of this is to get "eventual change", and if so there are better ways to go about it.
I see few changes ever get done. Go ask them why Chrome is promoted as a modern option for those who use a perfectly functional Firefox.

I would say the simple reason why they are doing it is because they want their product to be used...its a simple marketing strategy IMO..even Microsoft does that...when u try to access Microsoft's sites using a Chrome or any other browser they directly send you to a redirect page which says the browser you are using is incompatible blah blah ...and then there is a small link down which says continue and you would be able to visit that page directly...

I find it " no evil " I just call it smart marketting Big Grin..

Secondly I dont personally feel that there is anything wrong with your forum..but Im sure Google will soon object as your domain contains the word GOOGLE in it and secondly you are talking bad about their product..so I recommend you read this as a guideline to be careful from theme Big Grin
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2009/...e-dispute/

http://www.ihategoogle.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4