MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google is evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Hefind,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Just one notch on this argument:
Quote:..even Microsoft does that...
This is exactly the reason why I created the site. Google should not follow MS steps when going so public about the "do no evil" motto: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...djemTECH_h

I don't mind when they are evil, I mind when it affects my online activities.
So Google promoting its own browser is evil? That's ridiculous. I can no longer take this thread or idea seriously at all.
(2012-12-10, 01:08 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]So Google promoting its own browser is evil? That's ridiculous. I can no longer take this thread or idea seriously at all.
Sure, call this one ridiculous too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...rules.html
(2012-12-10, 01:29 PM)nunobrito Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, call this one ridiculous too:

You really shouldn't cite the daily mail as a reputable source; I've seen better journalism come out of a homeless inbred who couldn't read.
(2012-12-10, 01:29 PM)nunobrito Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-10, 01:08 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]So Google promoting its own browser is evil? That's ridiculous. I can no longer take this thread or idea seriously at all.
Sure, call this one ridiculous too:

I wonder if you even read this full article. You know, the part where they manually demoted Chrome's ranking and said to have never authorized the campaign in the first place. It's possible that they're lying, but do you have any proof?

Google has done some things wrong, like every other company on earth. And I have a list full of problems with them. But this is a really lame idea for a site.
On this topic I've heard just about most folks here defending google and justifying that they should act like any other big companies. That is fine, be happy and share love across all other mybb fans.

Some people here don't like the topic of the community, that is also fine. I'm not a fan either of gaming or webmaster forum sites.

(2012-12-10, 01:30 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]You really shouldn't cite the daily mail as a reputable source; I've seen better journalism come out of a homeless inbred who couldn't read.
No problem, use a better one if you wish. Will this one fair better? http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-573511...-misfires/

That later led to:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/01/g...ks-policy/

(2012-12-10, 02:22 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if you even read this full article. You know, the part where they manually demoted Chrome's ranking and said to have never authorized the campaign in the first place. It's possible that they're lying, but do you have any proof?

Google has done some things wrong, like every other company on earth. And I have a list full of problems with them. But this is a really lame idea for a site.
Why so aggressive? Even a few posts ago I mentioned how they denied knowing that adsense was pushing illegal ads for years in a row until the case was settled in court for 500 million USD. This article even came from the Wall Street Journal, hope it is reputable enough: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...djemTECH_h

From there I quote:
Quote:Google executives testified repeatedly before Congress in the mid-2000s that they had rigorous controls in place to prevent unlicensed online pharmacies from advertising on Google.

But in legal documents released on Wednesday, the government painted a starkly different picture, depicting a company that was willfully turning a blind eye to such efforts and, at times, even assisting them. It cited internal emails from Google employees discussing the tactics used by illicit pharmacies to circumvent its controls.

So, don't get angry. Google is not your friend and yes, this company does some things wrong.

One of them is claiming the "don't be evil" motto while sometimes going on the other direction. People like me get a kink on reminding them that we are still people here, humans. People that can distinguish these small details and claim back some good sense in their service, for the sake of not being evil.

That is the intention. Don't be mad/
Domain Name with Website: 2/10
Google-is-Evil is quite a claim in response to Google's "don't be evil". Claiming Google IS evil can easily be interpreted differently than claiming Google DOES evil. So, if you're claiming Google IS evil, your website should at least prominently display what is meant by evil and some indication that what qualifies Google as such is addressed in the forum. Without such the domain name and website seems questionable at best.

So with this expectation, I go to your website but instead find "Evil?" plastered at the top. Big let down - you immediately back out of your claim, like perhaps you don't even know the difference between a claim and a question. You of course likely do. And by pointing out this fatal flaw, I'm not suggesting you take one tack (claim), the other (question) or neither. I'm suggesting that if you'd rather take the "Evil?" tack, the domain instead should be Is-Google-Evil.com (which is available) and plaster "Is Google Evil?" at the top of the forum. By the way, GoogleDoesEvil.com and Google-Does-Evil.com are taken.
Ok, good feedback. Will take this into consideration.

Thanks.

Smile
(2012-12-09, 05:57 PM)nunobrito Wrote: [ -> ]In resume, you laugh so hard because you based your site (wasdgamers.com) in yet another gaming board and the topics that I chose to talk sound idiot to you? I'm not so quick to call other people around idiots albeit I note that some cases seem to deserve such term applied to them.

Ah but it is no typical throw a forum software together think I'm a webmaster I'm so hyped I have a gaming forum board that is going to lead into oblivion as other webmasters do.

Considering the fact that you base your site off hatred towards the largest search engine, company, and one of if not the leading money king in todays modern world and economy just goes to show anyone will do anything to try and fit in to todays internet forum world.

What niche are you fitting? What is your plan for a site with 3 sections and a almost meaningless topic? What do YOU offer to your users besides babble related to browser updating just as all old browsers get? Let alone, as others have stated, you wouldn't have a chance without Google.

Seems like you think you know more than you know when really you need to figure out how to update software before hating on a very very VERY successful company. (Needless to say no company is godly or has never done anything wrong, so in essence I can't say your site is not worth creating. Just as you can't say mine is, BUT I just don't understand your idea.) Wink
My friend, for what it matters I've been running sites since the past decade in many different topics. Some succeed, some don't. If this one doesn't take off, I won't really care much. I've created the site because I believe it was something worth making available to others.

Again said, I don't run a hatred show and I don't expect you to understand. As said before, I am only interested in pointing out the details I notice.

I'm not a scientist and I write about what I see in the same manner as cave men once drew animals on the walls. They also were no professional at this task for sure, but we are both "users" of a service.

I wonder how often got a cave drawer pissed off by his cave colleagues saying that the whole things was a waste of time. Maybe some day my writings are found of worth to some cyber archaeologist. Who knows? If you don't know why, don't worry my friend.

Just rest assured that I am making an effort to keep hate out of the door while welcoming criticism on evil things.

If you think some of these topics have no substance, join aboard the site and write it there to keep things in topic. If I am wrong, I will publicly admit so and the topic can serve as clarification for any other folks who might also share the same views as me.

I mean it. No flaming, just civilized debate and mutual respect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4