MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AndroidFreaks - The Samsung Galaxy forum from the Netherlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
He means there's way too much info. It's ugly.
I have no problem with big postbits actually, but this is designed in a pretty ugly way.
(2012-12-11, 12:36 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]He means there's way too much info. It's ugly.

Thats everyone's own opinion, This info is needed for giving the members beter help with there problems. Some members forget to gif info about there device and then we can look at the info on the authur section (thats is required to fill in on registration) with device they having and whats is running on it... So we have all the info we needed....

(2012-12-11, 12:40 AM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problem with big postbits actually, but this is designed in a pretty ugly way.

oke, but what I asked you earlier, what do u mean with it, your opinion is thats its ugly, but what, the icons, the letter type etc etc????
Hi Galaxy, I think you have tried very hard to build up a community on your forum and kudos to you for waiting until you felt that you had a populated forum to show us here in Showcase. That makes a pleasant change.

I am not going to comment on how I feel about the postbits - it's a bright and cheerful site and if you and your members like it and it gets you members you keep it the way it is. Of course, all those images and fancy effects might well slow the site a bit, but that is your choice.

What I did notice is that in some of your forums you have the forums split into many more subforums - some of those forums can look sorta dead as a result, with only two posts or so. You should consider merging all those subforums and using thread prefixes instead - and if you use XThreads then you can filter on those MyBB thread prefixes as well. That will make the forums look a bit more populated.

Good luck with the forum Big Grin
While i personally never like the custom icons for groups (just me) all the information below it is quite useful on a site like yours. Especially considering the aim of it.

What i would say is follow up on Leefish her suggestion. And use Xthreads to reduce the amount of subsections and let users filter by prefix will create a much more filled forum with lots more content for a user to see.

Other then that, the logo looks great the domain is nice to. And the simple yet elegant theme is fitting for the site.

Few things about your theme though (things i noticed just small quirks):
  • Menu bar is not perfectly aligned:
    [Image: eMHYT.png]
  • Your home button on hover has all the corners rounded while the others do not.
    [Image: 2U0z4.png]
  • The login/register box on the top does not really shine. It doesn't jump at you to draw attention to it. While i think to get people to register to your site that is something you want people to pay attention to.
    [Image: ZJOBI.png]

The rest is more a choice on your side. Personally i dislike big signatures / post-bit user information (not that this has to much information just find that there are to many images in it).
Besides this for me trying to register with your site is a hassle but i said that before (having not much knowledge about android and the various versions there are its almost impossible to register sadly).

You have clearly put a lot of effort into your site, which is great and a lot more effort the most people who post their forums here have done. The site overall looks nice and the targeted niche only in the netherlands has competition from www.tweakers.net so there certainly is room for a site like yours.

Anyways good luck, and keep up the good work.
What browser/OS are you using Anori? I reviewed the site on FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE (7,8,9) (all on a Win7 PC) and only on IE7 did I see any malforming of the menu bar.
(2012-12-11, 03:35 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]What browser/OS are you using Anori? I reviewed the site on FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE (7,8,9) (all on a Win7 PC) and only on IE7 did I see any malforming of the menu bar.

I'm on Chrome Win7, and I see the same issue, it is broken on Chrome, 22" 1920x1080 display.
Ok, I see it on screenfly (my screen is very small) - I will have a look but if I was galaxy I would advise setting a max-width. That isn't the issue, but no site looks good on a screen the size of a small country (IMO).
(2012-12-11, 03:35 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]What browser/OS are you using Anori? I reviewed the site on FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE (7,8,9) (all on a Win7 PC) and only on IE7 did I see any malforming of the menu bar.

1920 x 1080 was the resolution FF 20.

Have not looked at it on different browsers.

Quote: Ok, I see it on screenfly (my screen is very small) - I will have a look but if I was galaxy I would advise setting a max-width. That isn't the issue, but no site looks good on a screen the size of a small country (IMO).

Problem is this excuse wont work well anymore. People are getting bigger and bigger screens the 1920x1080 is just my laptop i have not even looked at the site on the 27inch dell monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440.
(2012-12-11, 11:42 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is this excuse wont work well anymore. People are getting bigger and bigger screens the 1920x1080 is just my laptop i have not even looked at the site on the 27inch dell monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440.

It's not an excuse Anori. Its an opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6