MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AndroidFreaks - The Samsung Galaxy forum from the Netherlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2012-12-11, 01:39 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]What I did notice is that in some of your forums you have the forums split into many more subforums - some of those forums can look sorta dead as a result, with only two posts or so.

Thats because your account on my forum have admin permissions, so u can see everything... If u are guest or member u not see all the subforums (because the subforums are for Developers)..

But thanks for your tip of the day Big GrinBig Grin
I'm surprised nobody called this guy out. Anyway... I win.

This is a modified knock off of Peace Blue theme by Audentio.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/peaceblue

[Image: veX6O.png]

[Image: VRjFh.png]
It is a fair point that Galaxy should not remove the footer credits, but I cannot find that particular theme anywhere in the Audentio portfolio and it is offered for free download on the MyBB mods site without any comment on whether he should leave the credit (as a requirement I mean - as a courtesy of course Galaxy should leave it in) to the theme author in the footer.

I have not downloaded the theme from the mods site to check, but I do know that many users remove broken theme author links from older themes. What is the point of keeping a broken link? In such situations I usually just redirect to the theme author's profile here on MyBB or leave the credit with no link.
Broken or not. Out-dated or not. The designers' credit should be honored regardless. Otherwise it'd be fraud and deception by the user. If people disregard that, then why can't they make their own?
(2012-12-16, 08:16 AM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]Broken or not. Out-dated or not. The designers' credit should be honored regardless. Otherwise it'd be fraud and deception by the user. If people disregard that, then why can't they make their own?

Did you read my entire post?

leefish Wrote:it is offered for free download on the MyBB mods site without any comment on whether he should leave the credit ...... as a courtesy of course Galaxy should leave it in

What is the point of keeping a broken link? In such situations I usually just redirect to the theme author's profile here on MyBB or leave the credit with no link.

So I am not really sure what you are pontificating about as we are in agreement.
(2012-12-16, 08:16 AM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]Broken or not. Out-dated or not. The designers' credit should be honored regardless. Otherwise it'd be fraud and deception by the user. If people disregard that, then why can't they make their own?

Uhmm do your homework please.... I have not downloaded the theme from Mybb but from a other site and there where no theme credits!!!!

Second way I have modified the theme heavy and change alot of the theme so do I need to put my own credits in the footer then??? If I not change annything on the theme you have right, But I have change so manny things that there are no credits annymore for the old maker.. And like Leefish says, I not put a broken link in a footer...

So do not immediately come here en scream things, you do like I have break a rule or worse.. Please ask first or take a good look first before posting my friend.

Everyone knows that if you take a orginal part (now the theme) and you made it complete new or modified heavy you don't need to credit the old maker... Do u see do that by Apple or Samsung, the use also a original part and make a own product, they also not name the competitor or maker of the part they use...

greatings and a nice day to u

One very important point to what I mean.... Take a look at the original theme..... Do u see a menu?? A mouseover pulldown menu??? No there is not one menu in the theme.... My theme have a menubar with a mouseover and pullldown menu... So one of a big point to let u know who gets the credits?? The old maker??? Nope I have made that so..... Why put credits in a footer by a heavy changed theme..................

Lets be honest.. the theme does not even look like the original theme. And if he would have changed the name of the directory you would never even noticed it. That's how different the themes are.

The only similarity the themes have left is the header and that's really it. Since its an incredibly old theme he downloaded it from a place where it did not have any credits attached to it i don't think it will be much of a problem.
thats what I mean with my post.. Smile
(2012-12-16, 01:05 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Uhmm do your homework please.... I have not downloaded the theme from Mybb but from a other site and there where no theme credits!!!!

Second way I have modified the theme heavy and change alot of the theme so do I need to put my own credits in the footer then??? If I not change annything on the theme you have right, But I have change so manny things that there are no credits annymore for the old maker.. And like Leefish says, I not put a broken link in a footer...

(2012-12-16, 03:51 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Lets be honest.. the theme does not even look like the original theme. And if he would have changed the name of the directory you would never even noticed it. That's how different the themes are.

The only similarity the themes have left is the header and that's really it. Since its an incredibly old theme he downloaded it from a place where it did not have any credits attached to it i don't think it will be much of a problem.

Lol. You guys make me laugh. So now, if we had OP go use Audentio's themes and then "heavily modify" - for starters, I don't give a crap how much you "heavily modified" it, I was able to easily tell that you didn't start off with that theme yourself - after modifying Audentio's themes enough to claim it is his own, is appropriate?

You both are unbelievable.
(2012-12-16, 10:12 PM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-16, 01:05 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Uhmm do your homework please.... I have not downloaded the theme from Mybb but from a other site and there where no theme credits!!!!

(2012-12-16, 03:51 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Lets be honest.. the theme does not even look like the original theme. And if he would have changed the name of the directory you would never even noticed it. That's how different the themes are.

Lol. You .. make me laugh. So now, if we had OP go use Audentio's themes and then "heavily modify" - for starters, I don't give a crap how much you "heavily modified" it, I was able to easily tell that you didn't start off with that theme yourself - after modifying Audentio's themes enough to claim it is his own, is appropriate?

You both are unbelievable.

Lets put it like this:

I would download a theme from the mod site from somebody, delete all the css/ all the images and revert all the templates to default again. But leave the folder names like that. Is it then still the property of the original author? In the end its up to the mybb team to decide where they draw a line on which has gotten the idea from a theme and which is a straight up copy paste of it. Infringement of a author. Take for example a few gaming themes on the mods site. Which are clear copy pastes of hugely popular sites in that area. Those are allowed to.

Besides this is heavily off topic if you have a problem with a post report it instead of posting accusations. Its far more productive then posting off topic posts in a showcase thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6