MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When does MyBB 1.6.9 come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-12-11, 12:54 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-10, 12:51 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We're hoping to get 1.6.9 out soon. Perhaps this year, but early January at the latest. It's practically finished but needs SQA testing and approval. I can see 1.6.10 being the last release in the 1.6 series as there won't be any new features in 1.6, only bug fixes. There are usually around 70 bug fixes per minor release and with 100 or so open bugs left on the tracker we should be able to squeeze them in to 1.6.10.

Myself and Stefan are leading the 1.6 series, taking some weight off of Tomm's shoulders so he can put more of his time in to 1.8.

+Rep for not being another generic "when it's ready" post.

+1 finally a great reply
Also you can be assured SQA are on it ...so we probably won't have to wait long....
Ah not too bad, looking forward to the next release NathanSmile, I can't wait until the 2.0 is out though with all the new features listed!!
(2012-12-11, 12:54 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]+Rep for not being another generic "when it's ready" post.

Friendly reminder that alpha for 1.8 was supposed to come out during the summer. Take MyBB dates with a cup of salt.
(2012-12-11, 03:49 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-11, 12:54 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]+Rep for not being another generic "when it's ready" post.

Friendly reminder that alpha for 1.8 was supposed to come out during the summer. Take MyBB dates with a cup of salt.

At least we're better than valve time Shy

I think we can all agree our time was better spent restoring the site than working on the product itself. 1.6.9 is practically complete.

http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues...tatus_id=o
(2012-12-11, 04:01 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]

At least we're better than valve time Shy

+1 Well said Wink
(2012-12-11, 04:05 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can all agree our time was better spent restoring the site than working on the product itself. 1.6.9 is practically complete.

Restoring the site delayed the alpha by over six months?

Nobody has the right to be upset by the time delay, and I'm not, but let's be honest at least. It's delayed because it's taking longer than expected, because it's having more featured added, because it's being refined – cool. But I keep seeing the official stance as being that it was delayed because of the DNS poisoning, and it's not feasible.
I'm still using 1.6.7 Toungue Big Grin
(2012-12-11, 04:57 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-11, 04:05 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can all agree our time was better spent restoring the site than working on the product itself. 1.6.9 is practically complete.

Restoring the site delayed the alpha by over six months?

Nobody has the right to be upset by the time delay, and I'm not, but let's be honest at least. It's delayed because it's taking longer than expected, because it's having more featured added, because it's being refined – cool. But I keep seeing the official stance as being that it was delayed because of the DNS poisoning, and it's not feasible.

We also had to setup GitHub, the Docs to replace the wiki, the Wordpress-hosted blog, etc Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5