MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When does MyBB 1.6.9 come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-12-11, 04:57 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-11, 04:05 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can all agree our time was better spent restoring the site than working on the product itself. 1.6.9 is practically complete.

http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/issues...tatus_id=o

Restoring the site delayed the alpha by over six months?

Nobody has the right to be upset by the time delay, and I'm not, but let's be honest at least. It's delayed because it's taking longer than expected, because it's having more featured added, because it's being refined – cool. But I keep seeing the official stance as being that it was delayed because of the DNS poisoning, and it's not feasible.

The hacking wasn't as simple as that and even now we're seeing the affect of it. You can't see it but there are many unresolved issues we still have to deal with internally. Yes, of course it was delayed due to new features, but a large part of why it was delayed is because of lack of time from team members. After the site was hacked things became difficult and tasks take longer than they should. It played a big part in why 1.8 was delayed.
(2012-12-11, 03:49 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-11, 12:54 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]+Rep for not being another generic "when it's ready" post.

Friendly reminder that alpha for 1.8 was supposed to come out during the summer. Take MyBB dates with a cup of salt.

It's just that some idea to go on, inaccurate or otherwise, is better than no idea at all.

Though I will admit I was hoping to help a bit on converting the Prototype a while back when I heard all that needed to be done was implementing some more of the Justin's theme to get it live on Github. That's been a quite a long time now. x.x (3-6 months?)
1.8 has been delayed because I haven't had time to manage it, et al with GitHub. I've asked Nathan and Stefan to take over the responsibilities of 1.6 so I can dedicate more time to it.

I copied over Justin's work, which had been completed in October, last week. 1.8 now resides in the official mybb repository, under the Feature branch, which I'm hoping we can open soon.
I often tweet about what I'm working on with 1.8, if you're ever interested.
it seems 1.6.9 will be out very soon, i see that all bugs are gone and just 2 are in closed state.
Yes, but it may not be the 1.6.9 you were waiting for Toungue
Unsure what do people expect from 1.6.9 except some fixed bugs (i.e: Firefox [undefined] editor issue, which already has a fix if it bothers you too much). It will not bring free pizza guys to your homes guys.
(2012-12-12, 08:15 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but it may not be the 1.6.9 you were waiting for Toungue
We decided to defer most issues to 1.6.10. Due to the amount of changes it requires some more testing. 1.6.9 will be a security update but it also fixes the firefox bug.
Courtesy of frostschutz' advent calendar - one security issue any day - merry xmas Toungue
(2012-12-12, 08:52 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Courtesy of frostschutz' advent calendar - one security issue any day - merry xmas Toungue
Challenge accepted... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5