MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have you ever advertised your community in real life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just remembered that I used to sneak ads for my old Beyblade site (pre-WBO) into the Beyblade boxes at Wal-mart, haha
I'm curious, did anyone ever mention on the forum they found the ads? Also, perhaps you should hide ads for Harajuju in Japanese-fashion clothes? Toungue

On a related note, I've always thought of going up to a library or bookstore and hide related ads in books or magazines. And it's not uncommon to see DVDs and games in libraries nowadays, so there are tons of niches you can target. If done correctly you could potentially get yourself some new users. "Oh, how convenient, a community for me to discuss and share ideas about the Harry Potter books - which I am reading right now! I'm definitely signing up!"

Another evil idea I've had on my head for a while is to write your domain on a dollar bill or something. It will be passed around infinitely. Someone will eventually be curious to check it out, no? Big Grin
(2012-12-19, 02:18 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]write your domain on a dollar bill

That could be seen as currency defacement, though:

[Image: eTHSL.png]
I thought so. I guess that's out of the question then. Toungue I doubt it would be worth it anyway.
No, and I doubt that it ever actually worked, but it was fun!

It would be a bit hard to hide ads in clothes, and I would hate for boutiques to ban me haha
You know the little rails that they hang the clothes on? You could do what all kids do and hide inside, and when people come to buy clothes you shout your domain at them. Seems like a very efficient advertisement technique.

Also, thanks Tomm, I'll be sure to PM you about that one day.
You have a beautiful site Brad, no boutique would be ashamed to be associated with it, and you said you had some business cards. Maybe the boutique would let you leave some cards by the checkout?

I mean your site is all about buying and wearing Japanese fashion - surely it would be seen as good business for the boutique to encourage that kind of behaviour?
Probably not. My site is very open and embraces a lot of different aesthetics. We're talking about very high end stores ($1000+ shoes), they would probably not be interested in associating with anything that could hurt their image. I understand them and would be just as protective. It's fine to continue spreading by word of mouth for me. Those who are interested will find us.
(2012-12-19, 02:18 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Another evil idea I've had on my head for a while is to write your domain on a dollar bill or something. It will be passed around infinitely. Someone will eventually be curious to check it out, no? Big Grin

I tried that with my phone number.

Still waiting for some one to call me.
It was awkward and didnt work so i stopped
Pages: 1 2 3 4