MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change index.php to portal.php but have it as Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I would like to change the index page, like the home page, when you first search up the site, the landing page, I want it to land on the portal, but the url i want it to be name Home not home.php, just Home. Also I want to change index.php to Forums.php, how would I do that?
1. Add this to the .htaccess.

DirectoryIndex portal.php

2. That won't be easy to do, you would have to change so many links and files. You can make a forums.php and have it redirect to index.php, if that does something similar to what you want.
(2012-12-22, 03:56 AM)pandaa Wrote: [ -> ]1. Add this to the .htaccess.

DirectoryIndex portal.php

2. That won't be easy to do, you would have to change so many links and files. You can make a forums.php and have it redirect to index.php, if that does something similar to what you want.

Where is .htaccess is that the htaccess.txt?
You need to make a file called .htaccess, or you can rename htaccess.txt to ".htaccess" and place that in there for it to work.
(2012-12-22, 08:01 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make a file called .htaccess, or you can rename htaccess.txt to ".htaccess" and place that in there for it to work.

It says that there's a file already named that.
(2012-12-23, 01:05 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-22, 08:01 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make a file called .htaccess, or you can rename htaccess.txt to ".htaccess" and place that in there for it to work.

Well are you able to view hidden files? There's an option for that when you start up cPanel's File Manager, which is what I'm betting you're using.
(2012-12-23, 01:07 AM)pandaa Wrote: [ -> ]

Well are you able to view hidden files? There's an option for that when you start up cPanel's File Manager, which is what I'm betting you're using.

How do you view hidden files and where is that option?
(2012-12-23, 01:18 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

When you open File Manager, there should be a popup box that gives you the option to "view dotfiles" or similar.
(2012-12-23, 02:07 AM)pandaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-23, 01:18 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

When you open File Manager, there should be a popup box that gives you the option to "view dotfiles" or similar.

There's never a pop up box when I open it up.
You will have selected the checkbox to not show it again, in which case press "reset all interface settings" to get it to appear again. Once you click file manager now the popup will appear where you can choose "show dot files". Bear in mind other interface preferences will be reset too but these shouldn't cause you any problems.

I'm sure there is another way to change the setting but I cant remember it

Aventura
Pages: 1 2 3 4