MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Social Network | Forum News Feed [AJAX]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have a rather big request for a myBB mod, which will probably never come reality, but here goes.

I was thinking of something similar to phpSocialNetwork.
http://phpbbsocialnetwork.com/

It basically adds a new page to your site, which shows people all the latest stuff, which is happening on the forums like new posts, threads, ratings, comments, etc.

Example for a news feed:

John Doe created thread XYZ.

Peter Griffin replied to thread XYZ.

[Image: 194013_369334739816416_1115232441_o.jpg]

I'd be willing to pay someone, who is able to develop such a mod for mybb!
I think most of this could be achieved with existing plugins, MyNetwork Profile System has similar profile enhancements and MyAlerts covers the notifications.
The MyNetwork Activity plugin looks sweet! However I want a plugin, which shows updates on threads, posts, etc. of all my users on a single page. A page, which displays any recent activity on the forums.
So recent activity like xenforo.
I want this too... I don't think it's that big.
AJAX functionality would also be great of course.
In case you pay someone, will you release it?
We could also collect some money and throw it all together, I'd be willing to donate 10 euro to this project.
(2012-12-26, 02:00 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]In case you pay someone, will you release it?
We could also collect some money and throw it all together, I'd be willing to donate 10 euro to this project.

Well, depends. If we all throw our money together we could release it for everyone of course. But if I need to pay everything on my own, I'd like to keep it to myself. (If the dev even wants money)
To be honest, this wouldn't even be that hard to provide an activity feed of the core functions. It would just a few queries. Pretty simple stuff.
(2012-12-26, 07:40 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, this wouldn't even be that hard to provide an activity feed of the core functions. It would just a few queries. Pretty simple stuff.

How about you picking this up as your second 'killer' plugin project? :3
Goes pretty well along MyAlerts.
I would also love a Plugin like that. I really hate things like Facebook these days, they have take away all the users from things that were part of the PC experienc before. Being in contact with Messengers like IRC, ICQ, MSN or users posting more in forums. These days its all about Facebook and Twitter.

A plugin like this would be a nice try to build what it appears people need so much these days, social networking, but still keep it inside a forum and people maybe wouldnt need too much of Facebook and Twitter.

I would also be willing to donate a little bit if someone would be willing to write such a Plugin. The PhpBB thing above looks exactly how I would imagine such a thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6