MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steam Login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
After submitting this as a plugin I have decided it doesn't really fit into releases since it isn't exactly a major release. This project was coded as a proof of concept which is no longer needed.

This plugin will replace the base functionality of registering and logging in by default. The code is pretty self explanitory so you can change this to work alongside etc.

You will need a Steam API key to use this plugin. Edit the inc/class_steam.php file and input your API KEY.

You can download the source from Github.
I'm not sure if many people use this but it's always good to update. The repo has been updated with some improvements. I will be working tomorrow on code to allow existing users link their accounts.

People already running previous code should probably wait until I give the go ahead to update.
I'm seeing traffic coming from MyBB sites to my website. If you are looking to contact me about this plugin, or coding work relevant to Steam services you can contact me at [RETRACTED]
Actually looks quite neat, and useful.
I suppose this is the OpenID Registration you would see, like for garrysod.org?
Quick question, will the plugin remove the default means of registering on?

"This plugin will replace the base functionality of registering and logging in by default. The code is pretty self explanitory so you can change this to work alongside etc."
I would advise against using this.

If you check https://github.com/stewartiee/Steam-Open...mlogin.php line 139, you can see the validate function is called, and the return response is discarded, rather than using the value to determine is processing should stop.

I forked the repo and fixed the hole, and sent a pull request back to the master, but it hasn't been merged yet, and the author has refused my friend invites on Steam, as well as ignoring the private message I sent him via Reddit.

Until the security issue is fixed, I wouldn't use this.
This looks neat. I've always wanted to write a Steam login plugin myself but never got around to it. I'll try it out someday (when it's fixed or if I fix it myself).
I'm using the Portal 2 theme, and the Steam login button is not appearing. Any ideas on how to fix?

I know it works on the default theme, just not in this one.

www.orbiter-gaming.com

Edit: I just edited the template to include the steam sign in button as well.
Seems like it's broken now. Also any word on that security thing?
(2013-04-18, 11:18 PM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like it's broken now. Also any word on that security thing?

Not sure if it's broken but it looks like it should work last time I checked. Also the security problem was patched like a month ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8