MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.7 Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'd highly advise the github GUI. It's what most of us on the team are using and it's much more simple: http://windows.github.com
K well, I tried that, was more lost than command line so went back. Tried

git reset --hard HEAD~6

then

git merge upstream/feature

but all the commits I made are still there (Not locally, but on the pull request). So idk. Don't want to try making the change again for fear of making Stefan more angry.
(2013-01-24, 03:14 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Ah.

Are you using the github client? If so, it allows you to revert previous commits with a single click of a button.
I think deleting commits only makes sense, when you haven't pushed the changes to the origin repo yet.
To remove pushes from a pull request, use

$ git reset abcdef

Where abcdef is the last good commit hash you want to keep.
./ragequits git altogether

If someone could do that change though it would be nice. I'm tired of getting jumped on for being a noob.
(You might need to force push (sounds awesome!) using $ git push [remote] [branch] --force).
My best advice is to setup your own repository (they're free) and literally go mad with every git command under the sun. Check out http://git-scm.org too - it's good for starting off.
No thanks, there's a reason I don't go into bars (Because I don't belong in them).
(2013-01-24, 03:45 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]./ragequits git altogether

If someone could do that change though it would be nice. I'm tired of getting jumped on for being a noob.

You're not doing so bad compared to others. You should have seen the mess Euan made of the repo when he pushed some code. Shy

Git takes some time getting used to, especially with Github. I'm a Subversion guy so even today Git makes me want to throw my keyboard out the window.
Yeah, you haven't destroyed the repo yet haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4