MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.7 Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ah alright. It hasn't been too much of a problem, just happens random times when I save. After I ran the CSS through this tool: http://www.codebeautifier.com/ and pasted it back in everything fixed for a while. Just have to do it every now and again.
It's somehow related to resync_stylesheets(). It should only minify it when saving to the cache files but sometimes it copies it back to the DB. As I said, I need to look into why it happens.
Probably was a desired behavior before, just doesn't work anymore if the minification is going to be implemented.
Yeah would be a lot better if there were like two versions, a served and development version. The dev one would keep original formatting, while the served one would be compressed. (Just realized that's pretty much exactly what you said was intended Euan. x.x)

Lol man is it making development hard. xD But it's just alpha so no worries.
About 'clean pull requests' maybe it helps someone if i share how i do this :

First make a branch in your fork where you will put your fix, idea, feature, whatever.
Name it descriptive like 'fix-to-nomnom-bug'

Then work on it, fix this bug, commit to this branch (your fork's 'fix-to-nomnom-bug' branch, test it ect.
When you are ready to show it (pull request)
You should squash this branch into one nice and clean commit, so other person which you give it to, will have no objections to merge it into his clean and nice repo. (without inheriting your 10 commits with comment 'ok im goin to make some tea, will be back in 10 min and continue' .. Big Grin)

# change branch to your fix-to-nomnom-bug branch
git checkout fix-to-nomnom-bug

# squash it into one nice commit
# (X you have to set to number of commits you want to make into one, if your nomnom branch have 4 commits then X is 4)
git rebase -i head~x

Anything which you have there configured as editor will popup with something like this :
pick a532455 whatever commit
pick a324534 something
pick a532455 blah
pick a532455 nomnom

then you gota replace all with s
and leave one as pick, so all commits which was marked as 's' will be squashed into pick

pick a532455 whatever commit
s a324534 something
s a532455 blah
s a532455 nomnom

(oh, you can just do anything with it, replace, squash, even remove some ect)

# then push it to your fork (you gota use -f else it will refuse beause it will try to merge which would destroy your attempt to make it nice and clean)
git push -f

and now you got nice and clean one commit in your branch which you may 'pull request'

When they tell you 'nah something wrong with this idea, you could fix this and this'
you can fix it, make next commits to this pull (they will be added to your current pull request - make it trash again)
but ofcourse you can squash it again ! (even while its allready 'pull request')
You can do this as long as its not merged.

So when they decide to merge it, it will be nice and clean one commit with nice name and description.
After its merged you may delete your 'fix-to-nomnom-bug' branch, its no more needed.

Also if you want to work on other problem, you make 'other-problem' branch and work
on it there. Why pull all problems in one branch ? no wonder it mix and make mess.

This way your pull request is always nice, compact, descriptive, easy and clean to read,
and would be just waste to not merge such thing Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4