MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Icon Permission Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't know what I need to do to make that work, I want to make some smilies and some post icons only available to certain user groups.
(2016-03-18, 01:26 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what I need to do to make that work, I want to make some smilies and some post icons only available to certain user groups.

It took me about 20 minutes to figure how to accomplish it.
I did not document the steps.

Just saying, take 2 minutes to install both MODS, look at the options,
and you can figure out what to do in a few minutes,
Instead of waiting since February 4th 2013 for someone to write the details.
Unfortunately the yourcode plugin doesn't seem to work at all on my board, I've edited the compatibility but none of the codes are working in threads.
(2013-02-10, 02:55 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds rather possible and easy then, you jsut need somebody to do it :|

It is in my list if that helps, it is big list though.

I don't think it's easy. Like, what if a user who isn't allowed to use a smilie, copies and pastes the smilie URL?! Are you gonna code an algorithm that detects the smilie URL? Then what if they upload it to some website and use that URL?

Smilies are meant to express emotions and feelings (EMOTIcons). I don't see why an administrator would allow some users to express more emotions than others. If this idea gets released as a plugin, it would be a sad plugin to install and use.
(2016-03-31, 07:01 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-10, 02:55 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds rather possible and easy then, you jsut need somebody to do it :|

It is in my list if that helps, it is big list though.

I don't think it's easy. Like, what if a user who isn't allowed to use a smilie, copies and pastes the smilie URL?! Are you gonna code an algorithm that detects the smilie URL? Then what if they upload it to some website and use that URL?

Smilies are meant to express emotions and feelings (EMOTIcons). I don't see why an administrator would allow some users to express more emotions than others. If this idea gets released as a plugin, it would be a sad plugin to install and use.

You've made a good point about the smilies and therefore I will drop that idea however this could still work for the post icons no?
I still need help doing this for Post Icons.
I'm still very much in need of this.
So I'm still hoping for a plugin that allows me set some Post Icons for certain membergroups only.
Anyone able to help?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5