MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New MyBB Vector Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Haha, burn.
(2013-02-19, 07:12 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, burn.

Who said it was hard to re-vector? lol. Your post wasn't needed.
(2013-02-19, 07:59 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-19, 07:12 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, burn.

Who said it was hard to re-vector? lol. Your post wasn't needed.

I never said it was hard.

I just found it humorous we were all talking about the morality of the vector being released, and then it just gets posted any way all willy nilly.

Most posts on this forum aren't needed.
Sorry but that's no substitute for an officially released and sanctioned file.
(2013-02-19, 11:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but that's no substitute for an officially released and sanctioned file.

It's not the best substitute, sure. It's still a decent substitute though, wouldn't you say? Any use I could think of involving the logo could be satisfied with the version posted.
I'm not OK with literally copying someone else's artwork without permission, no.
(2013-02-19, 11:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not OK with literally copying someone else's artwork without permission, no.

Unless the intention is to redistribute as your own work (which wouldn't be the case here, as I said people would most likely only require the logo to link back to MyBB), I don't know how you can make that claim.

Copying artwork is done all the time, what if I drew my favourite Futurama character? Would you have a problem with that? What if I drew the Futurama logo?

It's what you do with it that matters. If I tried making my own TV show with blatant rip offs of Futurama characters then sure, sue me. If I make a piece of fan art and draw the characters and logo, and then tell me you're not OK with it because I didn't get permission from Matt Groening, you're just going to look silly. It's not like the logo is being requested so they can start their own bulletin board software and copy the logo, or re-distribute the MyBB software as their own. If a high quality logo isn't available and you require it why shouldn't you make it yourself, if you have the ability?
More horrible analogies with no understanding of context.

Either MyBB provides the file or not. Nothing else valid here.
(2013-02-20, 12:37 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-19, 11:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not OK with literally copying someone else's artwork without permission, no.

Unless the intention is to redistribute as your own work (which wouldn't be the case here, as I said people would most likely only require the logo to link back to MyBB), I don't know how you can make that claim.

Copying artwork is done all the time, what if I drew my favourite Futurama character? Would you have a problem with that? What if I drew the Futurama logo?

It's what you do with it that matters. If I tried making my own TV show with blatant rip offs of Futurama characters then sure, sue me. If I make a piece of fan art and draw the characters and logo, and then tell me you're not OK with it because I didn't get permission from Matt Groening, you're just going to look silly. It's not like the logo is being requested so they can start their own bulletin board software and copy the logo, or re-distribute the MyBB software as their own. If a high quality logo isn't available and you require it why shouldn't you make it yourself, if you have the ability?

^This,could'nt say better.
just gonna leave this here:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-5273.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6