MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Framework?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey,

I just need to ask a quick question out of curousosty, What framework does mybb use? I know Mybb 2.0 might be using Yii but I don’t know what Mybb would use. Trying to find a great framework to use on one of my sites or if I should use raw PHP or create my own framework.

Thanks
MyBB doesn't use any framework at the moment AFAIK.
1.x doesn't use a framework. It's a custom system which has evolved over the years.
Ok, some code looks like it Did have A Framework like $db-> Ive been learning PHP for A Year still dont know how To Make things that fancy yet Or neat. I prefer To Use Raw PHP since you learn more.

Thanks anyway ;.)
How do you learn more? Frameworks are developed by using advanced ideas to improve coding standards. Thus you end up with a more clean and error free product with hopefully less development time (after the frameworks itself is developed of course since many make their own frameworks).
For my sites, MyBB IS the framework! Custom pages and advanced plugins all around for easy integration
(2013-02-19, 01:56 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, some code looks like it Did have A Framework like $db-> Ive been learning PHP for A Year still dont know how To Make things that fancy yet Or neat. I prefer To Use Raw PHP since you learn more.

Thanks anyway ;.)
I believe MyBB 2.0 however will be based on the Yii framework.

If you're new to PHP, check out "Codeignitor" as a framework. I use it as do many others Smile It's neat and well documented on YouTube and such places Smile
(2013-02-19, 07:34 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-19, 01:56 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, some code looks like it Did have A Framework like $db-> Ive been learning PHP for A Year still dont know how To Make things that fancy yet Or neat. I prefer To Use Raw PHP since you learn more.

Thanks anyway ;.)
I believe MyBB 2.0 however will be based on the Yii framework.

If you're new to PHP, check out "Codeignitor" as a framework. I use it as do many others Smile It's neat and well documented on YouTube and such places Smile

We're considering changing the 2.0 framework. If you look around the forums you can see the staff's current favorite Wink

Yes, MyBB doesn't have a framework. It's built on over 10 years of code and we do have some very nice classes like the DB class, which I've actually used in other projects of mine. You could say it's the MyBB 1.x framework.
MyBB Framework 1.6 Beta 4?

Shorten it to MyBBF1 (vrooooooooom)
(2013-02-19, 05:22 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]For my sites, MyBB IS the framework! Custom pages and advanced plugins all around for easy integration

This.
Pages: 1 2 3