MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Alternate Group Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I love the way the MyBB logo is used on them. Your 15 mins are priceless! Big Grin
Then in that case you can use these on the community forums when 1.8 is ready (is released).
If that we're to happen why not make both translators and big board owners grey and remove the MyBB logo from them. The ones used at the moment would probably work with 1.8 IMO.
The only thing the current ones really need are an icon update. xp

(Also I like the fact that Fmb always giving constructive criticism rather than useless comments has earned her a reputation of not liking anything. >.>)
I'd like to see what she told about 'unfinished'.
Can MyBB design pioneers show us an example on those badges what exactly 'finished' called?

I appreciate the way you defend Eric. Not all are that lucky to have blind support.
She pretty plainly said she didn't like them because they don't fit the theme here, which is more than enough reason.

That said, she can't walk you through how to finish an unfinished image, it's really up to you.

I don't blindly follow anything, though half of MyBB seems to blindly follow you (If they're seeing the same work I see, they must be). ^.^
(2013-02-25, 07:02 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]She pretty plainly said she didn't like them because they don't fit the theme here, which is more than enough reason.

That said, she can't walk you through how to finish an unfinished image, it's really up to you.

I don't blindly follow anything, though half of MyBB seems to blindly follow you (If they're seeing the same work I see, they must be). ^.^

Alright, its all good.
May be she doesn't like me or my work. This is neither the first time, nor with me only. Making of that thread was just a fun. I should stop here just to keep it as fun only, not a fight.

Choices depends. She is an advanced designer. May be she can see things which I don't have that standard of eyes to see. Thats why I never argue with her. Whatever she says - my respect remains.

Apologies if I sound harsh. I didn't mean such.
She just wants to help is all. And someone can't help by coming into a thread saying "Looks good" or "Awesome work", because then you don't know what you've done right or wrong.

When I make a design, Fmb is usually the first person I go to with it, because she'll be honest.

Anyways, you guys can get back to praising him. xD
Just because I don't applaud your work every second you post doesn't mean I dislike you or your work. As Eric says, I'm just being honest and giving you actual criticism instead of doing you harm and calling your work awesome when it needs work (everyone does). It's really not my job to point out what your faults are, and even if I did you'd see it as an attack rather than me helping you. Anyways, here's nothing.

The little rounded square where the images are, the whole outline is blurred, you should zoom in your photoshop when you do these type of images, when you use the shape tool - they will end up looking blurry. This looks very unprofessional. The images itself in the little squares are blurred out, which leads me to believe that you have resized them and therefore not quite got the right resolution for their quality and you ended up blurring them and distorting the images. The corners of the ranks itself look quite odd, which kind of makes me believe you used transform to resize - this reduces the quality but then again it could be that you didn't get the right color combination for your outline and your inline borders. The font was an OK choice but the thing is that you added a outline to the font, which cheapened the look of it, plus it conflicts with your gradient a bit, you should find a happy medium on these. There is too much going on for the images anyways. For such a small space it's not "Anything you can fit", it looks too busy and it just doesn't work for a simple forum like MyBB - MyBB's ranks are made to fit the style, age and reason for this forum to exist. The icons need an update or two, though.

Anyways, before trying to slander me - just because I don't agree with half of the world that doesn't do any good to yourself as a designer, calling your work amazing, awesome, blindly without any feedback, doesn't mean I am out to get you. Sorry to tell you but I call them like I see them - you're not getting any better because people don't tell you how. If you're just looking for good comments, sorry I guess don't post here?
Thanks FMB. Now this I like much better. Your last post "Not one of your best works" is nothing much like a "Looks bad" or "that sux".

But the thing is, there is no inner broder, not outer either. There is no gradient and most of all those are not made with Photoshop. I touched transform only for icons, thats all. The complete thing is hallucination.

I never said to praise me and I don't post my works every second here, on the contrary you can see very few of my works posted @ MyBB.
I guess you didn't understand my post. I suggest you re-read it with a clear mind. And there is a gradient on the text...
No, there is not. There is one 70% transparent half width black layer overlapping the whole thing.
And the text borders are followed the same way current badges have. The little square has no outline. that is 3px shadow around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4