MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Alternate Group Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I like them but I don't think they will fit this theme. They are very colorful and bright, opposed to the current MyBB theme. Smile
(2013-02-26, 05:01 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]No, there is not. There is one 70% transparent half width black layer overlapping the whole thing.
And the text borders are followed the same way current badges have. The little square has no outline. that is 3px shadow around.

Which, in the end, it makes a gradient... and in the end the end, the shadow makes an outline...
I can see the criticisms pointed out here, but I personally like the look of them. Of course, I could see more detail if I wasn't reading this on my iPhone, but whatever.

I think the team should at least have some sort of group images inspired by this when 1.8 lands, maybe not exactly, but...
They do look nice, but it is not consistent with MyBB's forum theme. Good job though Smile.
(2013-02-26, 05:43 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Which, in the end, it makes a gradient... and in the end the end, the shadow makes an outline...

Makes, but actually are not. I didn't apply border, didn't apply gradient. Thats why I said it hallucinating.

But honestly, FMB, I appreciate your in-depth observations. Accept that your second post (not first) as a constructive criticism. Again I made those in negligence, but at the same time there are very few people who goes in that depth of a design. +rep from me Big Grin
Both are constructive, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have legit feedback. The fact that they weren't consistent with the design of MyBB should have been enough feedback for you to go back to the drawing board.
Who said I didn't like? Your every post helps to improve. Problem is with the way they are being placed.
OK now for my constructive points, that may have already been posted. Overall it looks great. The box around the icon really works well I also love the way you have added the MyBB logo faintly in the background. The things that could be improved are the position of the text for the big board owner could be aligned to the right to fit in with the house style and the font could be more tall to fill the bar, the translator bar is missing but I assume it is the same as BBO, former contributed should also be grey as it is now. With that said if you have the non team member bar's text be centre aligned that would differentiate between the two types.
I like them... but think the former contributor badge should be grey as well.
Very nice!
Figured I'd post my feedback, even if it's a lost cause (You haven't updated them with any other feedback added yet xD). Anywayyss:

1. The border radius is too strong. I know Justin favors this, but no idea why. Border radius was used a lot and too much as soon as it came out (Much like Harlem Shake) and as such isn't too cool any more. Try out a 3px border radius or something. This is more of a nitpick.

2. The harsh gradients are harsh. You should make the top half a white overlay instead, and only on the background (It just doesn't look good over everything else). You should also decrease the opacity of it to be barely visible. This would match Justin's style as well I believe (I mention Justin's style because he does most of the MyBB design work, so you should familiarize yourself with it).

3. The glow on the box containing the icon is just ugh, as well as the icons themselves (Low quality and not clear as to what they even are).

I also suggest trying to remove the box containing the icon completely, and move the MyBB logo behind the icon.

You have some potential man, keep working with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4