MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Future of MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
will mybb continue to get developed or not ?
should we be move another forum framework ?
have you not been paying attention? 1.8 is in alpha release and 2.0 is in basic discussions.
(2013-03-05, 07:51 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]have you not been paying attention? 1.8 is in alpha release and 2.0 is in basic discussions.

alpha not even beta ?
i mean it has been so long since there were no major upgrade

and 2.0 is not even exists Big Grin
(2013-03-05, 07:53 PM)MonsterMMORPG Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-05, 07:51 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]have you not been paying attention? 1.8 is in alpha release and 2.0 is in basic discussions.

alpha not even beta ?

Just because it is in Alpha does not mean it is not being worked on.

2.0 exists, in the developers and managements brain (meaning we are still in idea phase AFAIK). I have no idea if development has began or not. 2.0 is (supposed to be) years away, so don't worry about it.

Question: Where is this information coming from that MyBB is becoming inactive?

alpha not even beta ?

well, if you are in such a rush to get MyBB moving forward, why not prove your skills and then volunteer your time to the project?

alpha not even beta ?

Yea yea, let's rush 1.8 and release it with little to no upgrades & have bugs and what not in it. Makes complete sense.

MyBB is a free forum software, MyBB Staff volunteer to work on MyBB, they aren't getting paid to. They also have a life so don't call MyBB inactive.
Apparently everything must be done overnight because that's how easy it is when all the devs volunteer their own personal time. 1.8 is in progress, it's a facelift, nothing new. 2.0 is in discussion, a COMPLETE recode. Ain't nothing dying friend!
I think he has gotten the point that MyBB is still in active development. Lets not continuously attack him one after the other. He was obviously either misinformed, or trolling. He also does not understand that major updates do not need to happen in order for a piece of software to be up-to-date and active.
You wouldn't believe the amount of work which has been done in the last year. As far as we're concerned, MyBB will continue being developed for another 10 years too.
There, the proof is in the Developer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6