MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb or xenforo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
wondering which i should go with?
Well, considering you are asking Mybb, we'll say Mybb. That's like asking an Apple fanboy if people should use Macs or Windows, it's a biased opinion.
Test each one, and pick whichever one you like.

We'll be biased here since we're a community based around MyBB. Likewise, if you ask XenForo users, they'll say to pick XenForo.

Bottom line: MyBB is free, XenForo is paid.
Use both and decide for yourself? Why are you asking here?
Decide for yourself. Though if you can afford Xenforo then it's probably the better alternative (unless you're very creative and would customise MyBB sufficiently).
Xenforo requires a lot of work to be put in, would be tough if you are new to forums.
I own a xenforo license and own a forum that runs mybb. Xenforo is nice but I find it hard to make your own unless you do more to it. The coding for it is somewhat hard for me to catch on too. I like mybb because I can see the code and understand what its doing and why its there. Honestly I would save the money and use mybb then spend it on plugins and a custom theme.
(2013-03-18, 06:31 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Xenforo requires a lot of work to be put in, would be tough if you are new to forums.

How does it require a lot of work to be put in? That is a silly opinion to be honest.
It kind of does. 99% of XF forums look exactly the same as every other XF forum. The main problem with the platform is that there are very few designers pushing it to the limit with most just being colour variations.
(2013-03-18, 07:38 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]It kind of does. 99% of XF forums look exactly the same as every other XF forum. The main problem with the platform is that there are very few designers pushing it to the limit with most just being colour variations.

with the lawsuit being over finally, perhaps the designers will feel the motivation to get working. i would not want to put a lot of effort into a design only to have a cease and desist order come down
Pages: 1 2 3 4