MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple attachments with jQuery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was actually dealing with this recently, so I thought I might share my findings with the MyBB team as they had this on their 1.8 list to research.

Blueimp has created Query File Uploader which handles AJAX uploading, multiple files, progress meters and backwards browser compatibility all REALLY well. You can check out the demo to see how it works.

I used that project as a nice guide into the messy world of AJAX file uploads so it might be helpful to the team.

One thing: please don't use Flash. I'm sure everyone is aware that it's on its deathbed, especially for mobile devices (iOS doesn't like it at all).
We would most definitely not use flash, don't worry Wink

Thanks for the input. If you want to fork mybb/feature to attempt to add it, or to show how it might be done, please feel free to do so.
(2013-04-29, 02:42 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the input. If you want to fork mybb/feature to attempt to add it, or to show how it might be done, please feel free to do so.

As tempting as it is, it'd take some work to integrate it into MyBB. That's the nature of file uploading, I guess. Maybe if I'm super bored one day I'll give it a shot!
(2013-04-29, 02:45 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 02:42 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the input. If you want to fork mybb/feature to attempt to add it, or to show how it might be done, please feel free to do so.

As tempting as it is, it'd take some work to integrate it into MyBB. That's the nature of file uploading, I guess. Maybe if I'm super bored one day I'll give it a shot!

Well, remember that we'd have to do it if no one helps Smile One reason we opened up GitHub is so people could contribute in their spare time. I hope you're super bored sometime in the near future Wink
If I have time, I'll look at implementing this or the one I suggested (DropzoneJS). But that's if Jazza isn't bored in the near future!
(2013-04-29, 06:07 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]But that's if Jazza isn't bored in the near future!

TOO MUCH PRESSURE
(2013-05-01, 02:30 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-29, 06:07 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]But that's if Jazza isn't bored in the near future!

TOO MUCH PRESSURE

No pressure. What I'm saying is that if you're not bored, I could always play around with the templates and implement it.

But you offered first, so I'm not going to step on any toes.
(2013-05-01, 03:08 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-01, 02:30 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]

TOO MUCH PRESSURE

No pressure. What I'm saying is that if you're not bored, I could always play around with the templates and implement it.

But you offered first, so I'm not going to step on any toes.

I was kidding. I encourage you to try it even if I do too. The more people contributing to the project with different ideas the better. Someone else could implement the same idea to you differently, so it's better if they both try. They could even merge their implementations together.

The wonders if open-source collaboration!
This is a good idea, but I think not for 1.8 :/
I would like to see this but I fear that it is too big a task to be implemented successfully in too short a timeframe.
Pages: 1 2 3