MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone else use Laravel PHP Framework?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just used it for a client. I'm inlove with it. I've never liked a framework as much as laravel. it's beautiful.

http://laravel.com/

And it's blade template engine is amazing. Anyone else developed with it?
Yes. Quite a lot of users here do indeed. I've been using Laravel 4 mostly recently though. IIRC< release is slated for the 28th which is going to be awesome.
It's hard not to like it. Composer and L4 make things so easy. I'm waiting for Jeffrey's book on Laravel testing which will also be released on the 28th. Been meaning to dive into TDD for a while now. Smile
(2013-05-19, 01:53 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard not to like it. Composer and L4 make things so easy. I'm waiting for Jeffrey's book on Laravel testing which will also be released on the 28th. Been meaning to dive into TDD for a while now. Smile

I bought a membership at tutsplus JUST for his courses on laravel. I can't wait to start reading books about it.
I'm also waiting for Jeffrey's book just to support it - same for Dayle Ress's new one.
I'm working on an application for my dad for his business.
I've used it extensively on my site for the past few months Smile I love it Big Grin
Okay I hadn't tried it but now I have a localhost copy . . . looks pretty cool so far.
It would be one of my top choices for a Framework too for MyBB to use if only because it's documentation is amazing and I feel the Framework has the simplicity that MyBB has in the past done well to follow. Having every bell and whistle in a Framework imho doesn't make it the best. It makes it the most bloated. MyBB should be on TOP of the Framework and it should be a backend. But some Frameworks are so bloated they actually take over the project.

That's my view and sorry to get sidetracked so to get back on track. I think Laravel is an excellent framework.
Laravel is awesome. I don't think I need to say much more. It's a framework which acts like a framework and not a half built web application.
Pages: 1 2 3