MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hidden Gender Specific forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm making a site that needs to have a secret girls forum that guys can't see, and a secret guys forum that girls can't see. I also need to make it required to fill in gender at registration and for access to the girls or boys forum to be granted automatically, depending on that gender.

How can I do this?
The easy way is to create a usergroup for girls and hide it from the other user group. I am not sure how to create a usergroup based on profile though.
Im wondering how to do this too, want to do something similar, if you find out how to create a usergroup based on gender please let me know, cant find info on it anywhere! Cheers
The easiest way would be to create a specific plugin to block the edition of the gender profile field from the UCP (making it required on registration) and to disable forums on the fly based off the field value for each user.
(2013-07-04, 04:10 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The easiest way would be to create a specific plugin to block the edition of the gender profile field from the UCP (making it required on registration) and to disable forums on the fly based off the field value for each user.
ok, so how do you do that?
And you don't think someone will just create 2 accounts one for each gender to view the content?

Best option imho is to create 2 extra groups. One for males and one for females. Then set forum permissions for them. You could probably setup a plugin for automatic promotion into one of the groups once they have made 100 posts and have their respective gender set.
(2013-07-05, 08:09 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You could probably setup a plugin for automatic promotion into one of the groups once they have made 100 posts and have their respective gender set.
How do promote someone into a gender specific group? If there is such a plugin that I could setup , where do I find it?

And why does it need to wait till they've made 100 posts? Couldn't it work to have them promoted when they confirm their registration?
(2013-07-05, 10:57 AM)iChick Wrote: [ -> ]And why does it need to wait till they've made 100 posts? Couldn't it work to have them promoted when they confirm their registration?
Yeah, it could work, but if i were you, i wouldnt do this.because the problem is that someone could easily create a new account to have access to both forums (for boys und girls).
(2013-07-05, 12:21 PM)Signs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 10:57 AM)iChick Wrote: [ -> ]And why does it need to wait till they've made 100 posts? Couldn't it work to have them promoted when they confirm their registration?
Yeah, it could work, but if i were you, i wouldnt do this.because the problem is that someone could easily create a new account to have access to both forums (for boys und girls).

I don't care if it's a bad idea, I only care about being able to do it, and so far on one has said anything that gets me any closer to a solution.
iChick - on registration would be very hard to do; if you were to follow the suggestions made so far then you would have more of a chance to get something working.

1) The field cannot be changed from USERCP and is required on registration (will need a plugin)
2) By setting a post requirement (can even be one post) then you can use the promotions task to move them to the group (also requires a plugin).

Obviously, the more posts you require to promote, the less chance you have of duplicate users attempting to access the other gender's forum.
Pages: 1 2 3