MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Emergency] Idea to make MYBB better than all forums on Earth.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Add an admin wysiwyg interface where you can edit the whole forum by dragging, scaling, moving buttons around by just pointing and dragging.
custom colors - everything.

Blow your minds. Blow your brains to the sky..
Also blows the javascript through the roof! I don't see it happening ever...
which is why it would be the best on earth ;D
--based on the wysiwyg webbuilder
Even better...where you can use voice to tell the forum what you want to do...like "Background Green" and then the background is green!
Non sarcastic reply:

This is not needed, there are ways you can redesign your forum with ease; import a new theme, edit stylesheets and edit templates.
There is no need from a drag and drop interface for editing your theme.
If you want to get your forum to have a good look; hire a designer.
Now... If I think one thing would be useful as drag and drop, it's the forum/category ordering.

WYSIWYG editing is not worth the JS overhead. Start by learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and then you can make the changes on your own without a ton of extra code.
(2013-07-16, 07:24 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Now... If I think one thing would be useful as drag and drop, it's the forum/category ordering.

That's something that can be incorporated into other parts of the AdminCP as well. For example usergroups order on the showteam page. I think that wouldn't be a bad addition to 1.8 (even if this thread is in 2.0 suggestions).
(2013-07-16, 07:30 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-16, 07:24 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Now... If I think one thing would be useful as drag and drop, it's the forum/category ordering.
I think that wouldn't be a bad addition to 1.8 (even if this thread is in 2.0 suggestions).

Right there with ya.
(2013-07-16, 05:47 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Even better...where you can use voice to tell the forum what you want to do...like "Background Green" and then the background is green!

Even better one, when you can stare at the screen and the forum knows the commands you're thinking of based on how wide your eyes are open Big Grin
(2013-07-16, 07:30 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]

That's something that can be incorporated into other parts of the AdminCP as well. For example usergroups order on the showteam page. I think that wouldn't be a bad addition to 1.8 (even if this thread is in 2.0 suggestions).

I would agree with these since it will be re-using the same javascript a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5