MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mark forums read not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
THERE is no problem WITH MyBB here. On you forum [Fordmodified] the images on, off, offlock are in PNG format. While in the JS they are in GIF format.

Secondly, YOU DID NOT MODIFY general.js I STILL SEE THE OLD ".gif" extensions.

So if you cant EDIT the js properly please refer to my solution 1.
Rename:

/images/off.png to /images/off.gif
/images/on.png to /images/on.gif
/images/offlick.png to /images/offlock.gif

You also need to update the templates accordingly. MyBB has a search and replace feature for updating templates.

In the future, please be patient. It's only been 24 hours. There are people who have waited a lot longer for a lot less than you.
@Nathan Malcolm, I really told this guy that thing in my first post. He didn't apply it & blames us Sad

So bad.
(2013-07-21, 03:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Rename:

/images/off.png to /images/off.gif
/images/on.png to /images/on.gif
/images/offlick.png to /images/offlock.gif

You also need to update the templates accordingly. MyBB has a search and replace feature for updating templates.

In the future, please be patient. It's only been 24 hours. There are people who have waited a lot longer for a lot less than you.

done that now there`s no image there at all for new and old posts

(2013-07-21, 03:22 PM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]@Nathan Malcolm, I really told this guy that thing in my first post. He didn't apply it & blames us Sad

So bad.

as i told you i tried and did`nt work and just done it again and dont work
Quote:You also need to update the templates accordingly. MyBB has a search and replace feature for updating templates.
i`ve reverted them to original what else do i needs to do if i need to edit them where do i edit

@Nathan Malcolm do you want a admin account?
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Search/Replace

Search For:

off.png

Replace With:

off.gif

You should do this for each of the aforementioned images.
Go to your HOSTINGS FILEMANAGER open jscripts folder & RENAME the "general.js" to "general-old.js" & finally UPLOAD the file attached in this post to the jscripts folder.

If you do it correctly, everything will work good again.

[attachment=29795]
Cedric, I think it's best if the OP doesn’t have to make any file changes. Upon upgrade the changes would be lost and he'd have to go through the same process again.
@Nathan

I think you are right ^^ else he will create another havoc next time xD

@CRAIG@VM,

Please refer to Nathon Malcolm's solution instead of mine. Mine will make a conflict if YOU CHANGE theme or etc etc.

So please use Nathan's solution its easy to follow Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4