MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index Not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just moved my forum from thewebmasters.tk/mybb to thewebmasters.tk it worked all fine, was working alright, I had already deleted everything(a phpbb installation was there) that was in thewebmasters.tk before moving the mybb file, now after doing it all and it was working well, I went to my cpanel and removed the previous installation of phpBB that was on thewebmasters.tk(whose files I already removed from domain.com) through softaculous.
And after doing that my index page stopped working, and I'm seeing the list of folders and files on index. I can still access the admin panel fine.

Please help soon. Thank you
Are you sure index.php actually exists? Unless you've got a weird .htaccess rule or something, that shouldn't be able to happen if you've got an index.php file there.
Well did you change the databse configurations in config.php file? Also check to see if you have a index.html file on your server.

My suggestion[If nothing else works]:-
Go and backup your databases from Cpanel. Also backup the images folder incase you have some custom themes and stuff.
And then do a fresh install of MyBB and then use mybb import tool to import the databases.
index.php doesnt seem to exist on http://thewebmasters.tk
(2013-10-02, 07:46 AM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]Well did you change the databse configurations in config.php file? Also check to see if you have a index.html file on your server.

My suggestion[If nothing else works]:-
Go and backup your databases from Cpanel. Also backup the images folder incase you have some custom themes and stuff.
And then do a fresh install of MyBB and then use mybb import tool to import the databases.

It's nothing to do with database details, and don't reinstall MyBB, that's going to do nothing for a directory listing issue.
Yes the problem was there was no index.php so I added an index.php file from the downloaded copy of mybb( though I installed the mybb from softaculous) and it all got very messy, no theme was working properly, I even installed a new theme but it did not work properly, so I created a theme(i.e. went back to the default). It is working for now, but another problem has appeared, I recently merged from a phpbb forum, everything was fine, the credentials imported were working, even I as an admin was logging in with my previous password which was on mybb as it got imported from there, and the new password which I used to create the mybb installation at first place from softaculous was not working, but after all mentioned above happened, the imported passwords are not working, and the password I used to create mybb installation is working.
I have turned the board off because I do not want my members to face this problem, by this way they will have to recover their account and I will get complaints and reports, which I do not want to.

Can you guys highlight what might be the problem here?

Here is a recap: I merged from phpbb3 to mybb > everything going well > account credentials from phpbb are moved/imported and working on mybb > I move from mybb directory to root of my domain and delete all phpbb files from root > still everything working fine > I remove softaculous installation of phpbb3 i.e delete databases etc. > I get the problem: no index.php > Some awesome guys help me here and I find out there is no index.php in my root > I download mybb and upload the index.php to my root > the index page is up but no theme is working > I remove all themes, create a new one to go back to the default... problem solved as of yet. I have not tried to add another theme to see if its all normal again or not.
Meanwhile after I add the new index.php the previous admin credential that came from merged phpbb3 stops working and I had to use the password that I used to create the mybb installation to login.
Now I dont want it to happen to my users from phpbb, so HELP?

I know its too long, but you can see its written up there by the admins that we need to tell all the details of the problem.

Thank you Matt and mmadhankumar once again. I'd appriciate more help though.
When the theme was broken you probably just had to change some file permissions or re-save the CSS in the ACP.

Do you still have the login convert plugin active after the merge?
Yes I have it in the plugins and it is activated.
Quote:I installed the mybb from softaculous

It's always recommended to not install MyBB through softaculous. 99% of people who installed MyBB through softaculous have had many issues with their MyBB board.

Manual Installation Guide: http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html

P.S: I'm not telling you to re-install.
Thanks for that Arbaz, I know how to install it, done that plenty of times, I just though it will be a timesaver with softaculous. Never had any problem before, it is all due to the directory to root move.
Pages: 1 2