MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: webmaster tools saying i have malware on one link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Interesting that when going to webmaster home there is 'no recent issues or notifications'

but when just searching around a bit i happened to click on crawl > security issues and up popped this message saying there was undetermined malware on my site. it lead to a page with 2 posts in it and no attachments or images or links.

when trying to select 'i have fixed these issues', it gave me the message
'Your request can't be processed at this time because your site isn't currently flagged for malware. If you see a malware warning in your browser, it is likely a cross-site warning. Learn more'.

what Huh there is no warning in my browser when going to the link. only the message from google in tools.

[attachment=31375]

any ideas here on what the issue could be? i scanned the sites of my sponsors with http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...xample.com and they all came up safe.

the only thing i can come up with is that Adsense ad linked to a site flagged for malware.

any other ideas or suggestions i can take here ?
Do I really need to bump this? I guess so. Any of the developers want to throw a suggestion or idea out there?
Surely this is a question to Google not MyBB? Perhaps ask Google.
I have asked Google and as expected there was no answer. Their support system is useless.

It is a MyBB installation that reportedly was affected with malware, so it's an issue with MyBB as well. You'd think developer's would be somewhat concerned or have some comment or suggestion.
well, no,not really. The issue is that you have a problem with webmaster tools - which is a Google product.
The issue isn't with Webmaster Tools. The issue is that there was detected malware in a MyBB installation. The fact that Webmaster tools is behaving strangely is a side issue.

Thus... it IS an issue with MyBB. That's the package that was affected. Unless you're telling me I don't actually have MyBB installed.
And is this a completely clean install of MyBB without plugins? Probably not. So could be a plugin. But - reading your whole first post - the issue is that you have a report of a malware that doesn't exist. Google fail.
Of course I have plugins installed, why would you think otherwise? People actually use MyBB without any plugins at all?

Regardless, I'm here to try and solve the issue. Not put up road blocks and push it off on someone else. All I was looking for is a comment from developers as to a possible solution or idea, or perhaps some concern that there may holes in their software and have them request more info so they could look into a possible vulnerability. I guess that's too much to ask from these guys.
Exactly.
Expound upon 'Exactly' Leefish. I assume you agree then that the developer's might want to chime in and offer an opinion as to a possible vulnerability in MyBB? Or you're agreeing that asking them to look into a possible vulnerability with their software is asking too much...?
Pages: 1 2 3