MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Sites - Link to your social accounts v0.3.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You guess right. There's too much themes, it's impossible to adapt a plugin to all of them.
If you give me the url of your forum and a test account, I can probably give you a solution. But you'll have to remember that it's a personnal modification of the plugin, so you'll have to save it somewhere if you update or reinstall the plugin.
I have no issue with that. I sent a pm with site and login information because I don't want it publicized.

Thank you.

Next concern is this:

There are some threads on this forum with users who have the same error I do when trying to add a social site using the UI which is "The icon upload failed, please try again.2".

I decided to go into pypmyadmin and manually add Twitch into the database like this:
[Image: A30Pv9V.png]

Of course I also added the 16x16 and 32x32 PNG files in the path with all the other socialsites icons...

Twitch now displays here:
[Image: lnVAK5r.png]

And here:
[Image: 5fGi3hn.png]

But not here (profile page):
[Image: HhgspRn.png]

And not here (postbit):
[Image: 2dIQwa2.png]

So how can I make sure this shows up in the postbit and profile page?

EDIT: Okay.. I also added the twitch site into the arrays in the php file of the plugin. It didn't seem to work before but now I installed & activated again and it's displaying twitch... So I'm not really sure what's going on anymore. Maybe a cache issue..
Probably a cache, settings'cache is redone when you make a modification in the admin.

To add a site, you must use the acp, you may have, in the configuration tab, a "social site" item in the left menu. With it, you can manage your social sites. You have to make the [BBurl]/images/socialicons/ writeable and readable (unix mode 666 or 777 if you're unsure).
Yep it was the chmod causing the issues. Thanks.. hadn't considered that.

As far as cache goes, now that you mention this I also noticed I can't rebuild cache for this plugin so I applied a bandage "fix" of just commenting out the cache line in the socailsites php.

IIRC it throws a webserver error when trying to rebuild the cache of social sites.
Are your permissions all right ? Have a look on Tools & Maintenance >> Sytem health and check that the CHMOD Files and Directories has no error.
(2016-10-10, 05:57 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Are your permissions all right ? Have a look on Tools & Maintenance >> Sytem health and check that the CHMOD Files and Directories has no error.

Yep all is good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4