MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need to downgrade to 1.6.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to make sure im doing this right, i forgot to disable plugins on upgrade to 1.8, so someone suggested downgrading to disable plugins etc and then re upgrade, but i want to make sure im doing this correctly, im not sure if it was 1.6.14 or 1.6.15 but i dont know if that matters?, but do i add the files and then the back of of the database? 
You can't downgrade... Doesn't matter that you didn't disable plugins - if you have any problems because of that, post them.
i have a problem with a translate plugin, it wont disable, this is the error i get
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function rebuildsettings() in /home/mynewcar1/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/foreigntranslate.php on line 86
It's probably supposed to be rebuild_settings() with _ in the middle
(2014-09-03, 09:47 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably supposed to be rebuild_settings() with _ in the middle

thanks i try this

EDIT: this worked, but now half my plugins dont work with 1.8
First step to upgrading is to put your forum offline (preferably with a .htaccess file). Second step is to make a backup of your files and database. Upgrades normally go smoothly, but the backups are a must in cases like yours.

If your site relies heavily on many plugins, you may want to stay with the latest 1.16.x release until the plugin developers release 1.8-compatible versions.
also since the update i cant clasp my threads
If you create backup your old version mybb then try to upload it on your host Wink
Any script never will be down grade Wink
(2014-09-04, 02:07 AM)glover Wrote: [ -> ]If you create backup your old version mybb then try to upload it on your host Wink
Any script never will be down grade Wink

if the backup is using 1.6.14 do i need to put 1.6.14 files in?
^ yes. existing files should not be deleted - should be overwritten (replaced) with 1.6.14 backup files
Pages: 1 2 3