MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cool_Guy's mods - Download MyBux(aka Cash Mod) beta 0.0.2.4 NOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Coolest Tech's Plugins List!
[/size]

MyBB 1.2.X:

1 MyBux Beta
Allows people to earn "Bux" for making posts and threads. More features coming in final.

Coming Soon:

#1 Contest mod
Allows you to have a secondary, resettable post count, for making contests where the user with the most posts in a month wins.
(only plans for now)

#2 MyAuction
A MyBB auction plugin, that allows people to have auctions or your site, much like eBay.

#3 MyTopsites
A simple topsites mod for MyBB

Note about MyBux:
I hope to integrate Ryan Ashbrook's shop mod, so it will be MyBux and MyPlaza. Big Grin
Also, perhaps make the arcade add points to the mod. I will be needing permission from these users to add this.

License: I offer all of my plugins under the Creative Commons license as follows: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/
You have my permission to upgrade the "War" game mod...seeing as it was quite popular with the Cash mod.
OK, I will try to do that once I get my "0.0.0.1 Alpha" version working. Thanks, DrPoodle. Smile
My requests:

1. Keep it simple to start with
2. Ability to donate
3. Ability to show change cash name
4. Ability for admins/mods to edit member cash (add, remove, set)
5. Ability in admincp to set points for posts or threads

Really please just keep it simple for first release. I would so much rather have a simple cash mod to build on that one that takes forever to release or debug. The smaller the less bugs. You can ALWAYS add more features on later releases.
OK, I'll keep it simple. Right now, I'm working on making it just count the posts and such. Then, it will count chars. But, there will be an Alpha beta test before that. Big Grin Donate is a bit low on the list, I think I'll add it after the count chars is in.

Current status:
Making setting work.

Current file size:
155 lines of code, 5KB.

Edit, if anyone wants to help me, you are welcome to ask at [email protected] (Live enabled).
Yeah stuff like character counting imho isn't important on release. DONATE should be VERY high on the list. What's the point of points if you can trade them to other members? It's the entire basis for a points system!
Agreed. Also, mods and admins being able to edit a member's currency is very important too. Additionally, as for the shop portion, I'd love it if members could purchase things like a custom user title along with things we admins put in there such as special avatars, userbars and signature images that they can download.

Finally, if someone could create a plugin for this later, it'd be great if this could work with FWS to impose a set cash penalty whenever a warning is issued.
This is great news i have a few requests for add on features when this mod is made but ill leave that for later.

Look forward to using this mod and thanks for taking the time to make the mod.

Good luck
labrocca Wrote:Yeah stuff like character counting imho isn't important on release. DONATE should be VERY high on the list. What's the point of points if you can trade them to other members? It's the entire basis for a points system!
The war game was a great way to increase points / loose them all...Toungue
Never got a chance to play the war game but i have a few ideas like that that would add a bit more fun/interactive features.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11