MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to integrate TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor fast and easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, I am not able to see the codebutton in templates.

How can I see that? I am using MyBB 1.2.3
Hi,

I've installed the tinymce, however, after posting, it's displaying the CODE, not the formatting...

Example, instead of the words being bolded, in the actual display, it's showing HTML tags:

<p><strong>this is a <font color="#ff0000">test</font></strong></p>

Help! Smile
IPN Wrote:Hi,

I've installed the tinymce, however, after posting, it's displaying the CODE, not the formatting...

Example, instead of the words being bolded, in the actual display, it's showing HTML tags:

Help! Smile

You need to enable HTML from Forums options in Admin CP
If you want to see the codebuttons, don't comment the first part with the "<!--" and "-->" when you edit the codebutton template.
So your code becomes:
Quote:<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=121"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
{$editor_language}
var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("message", {lang: editor_language, rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']}});
clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");
</script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="tinymce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
mode : "textareas"
});
</script>
dhimate Wrote:
IPN Wrote:Hi,

Help! Smile

You need to enable HTML from Forums options in Admin CP

In the Admin CP, under forum management, I have:
Allow HTML  Yes

It's now working, thanks! Smile

Is there an easier way to enable ALL of the forums or do I have to do this one by one?

Thanks
Can you explain this? You can run a query in phpmyadmin, if i've understood what you mean.
Hi darkteller,

I've been able to fix the forum based on your help, so I hope you can also help me once more Smile

My new issue is with the Calendar.

I do not see an optino where I need to enable HTML from Forums options in Admin CP

Any ideas?

Thanks.
i problem too!

I do not see an optino where I need to enable HTML from Forums options in Admin CP

[attachment=17236]
Anyone willing to do a 2018 version of this guide?

How to install TinyMCE on Mybb in 2018
(2017-12-25, 07:56 PM)Noobly Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone willing to do a 2018 version of this guide?

How to install TinyMCE on Mybb in 2018
Just upload the tinymce folder from the downloaded archive(located inside file> tinymce> js) to your jscripts folder and edit codebuttons template located in your ungrouped templates of your active theme.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/tinymce/tinymce.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
    mode : "textareas"
});
</script>
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=121"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    {$editor_language}
    var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("message", {lang: editor_language, rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']}});
    clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");
</script>-->

Note: You have enable HTML in forum so it can work out perfectly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5