MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to integrate TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor fast and easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2017-12-26, 04:56 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-25, 07:56 PM)Noobly Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone willing to do a 2018 version of this guide?

How to install TinyMCE on Mybb in 2018
Just upload the tinymce folder from the downloaded archive(located inside file> tinymce> js) to your jscripts folder and edit codebuttons template located in your ungrouped templates of your active theme.
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/tinymce/tinymce.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
    mode : "textareas"
});
</script>
<!--<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=121"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    {$editor_language}
    var clickableEditor = new messageEditor("message", {lang: editor_language, rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']}});
    clickableEditor.bindSmilieInserter("clickable_smilies");
</script>-->

Note: You have enable HTML in forum so it can work out perfectly.
Nice one, there is an easier way to do this and with customization.
I will share a tutorial on it Smile
I added updated tutorial for this
https://wallbb.co.uk/adding-tinymce-editor-mybb/
Hi WallBB

Thanks for the tutorial Smile

What are your thoughts about allowing HTML - I have read that it is a security concern? Is this an issue, or shouldn't I be worried?
(2018-04-30, 07:48 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi WallBB

Thanks for the tutorial Smile

What are your thoughts about allowing HTML - I have read that it is a security concern? Is this an issue, or shouldn't I be worried?

I have never faced any issues with allowing HTML, there are security concerns that I have heard from people but never for me Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5