MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Awards System BETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nobody have actually tested the upgrade process which is what I'm concerned about.
(2014-10-24, 12:11 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody have actually tested the upgrade process which is what I'm concerned about.

I would like to give it a go. But I am not from staff but a regular member. If that feedback would be fine then I am willing to test it Smile
Sure, I appreciate any help.
So, when're you gonna release a Release Candidate version with new features and lots of bugfixes? I really wanna use this plugin for my community forums!!
I went ahead and updated the plugin to 1.7.1 (STILL BETA), so you are free to keep testing.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/co...c16d4cb379

I fixed all issues mentioned (thanks) and updated the langue strings. updated the first post with the proper new link.

If no contribution about updating from old system (1.0.x) is done I may release this soon. MyBB 1.8 only compatible (as already mentioned).
I use this plugin on my 1.6 board currently, with some modifications. I'll run some tests on the upgrade process tonight to see if it functions. I've been holding off because I'm not sure if the changes that I made to the plugin would break it.

Edit:

Question - were there any changes to the database structure in this upgrade?
Upon vising the Cache manager page in admin panel I get a php error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function control_object() in C:\wamp\www\inc\plugins\ougc_awards.php(53) : runtime-created function on line 2
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0010 395752 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0427 4550000 require( 'C:\wamp\www\admin\modules\tools\cache.php' ) ..\index.php:597
3 0.0431 4553256 pluginSystem->run_hooks( ) ..\cache.php:220
4 0.0431 4553720 __lambda_func( ) ..\class_plugins.php:139
(2014-11-12, 06:53 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Question - were there any changes to the database structure in this upgrade?

Yes, changes to DB schema and templates had be done. For intance the cache is no longer used and templates remain under a single template set (using PluginLibrary).

(2014-11-13, 02:29 AM)Zacky Wrote: [ -> ]Upon vising the Cache manager page in admin panel I get a php error.

Thanks.
Hi Omar ...
When this plugin release? i really need to this!!!
And can you create a page for upgrade forum 1.6 version to this version? (1.6 version means past version you released)
I use 1.6 and a lot of awards given to users and if all of awards deleted, need a lot of time to given again to users.
If create a page for move from old version to this version is so good.
Thanks a lot. Wink
You will be better off reading the thread and posts within it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6