MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tell me about Google SEO plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am new to Mybb and have been hearing about the Google SEO plugin. I am running 1.8.1 and have only found a plugin for 1.6 versions. Is this something that will be coming out for my version?
Hello, this plugin can easily be made compatible with 1.8.1 as well.
For this you need to make a change in plugin file.
inc >> plugin >> googleSEO >> plugin.php

Open it with Notepad ++ and at line 58 change
"compatibility" => "16*",
To
"compatibility" => "18*",

It will work work with 1.8 perfectly.
Two issues:

1. I have made the changes to line 58 and installed the mod. When I tried to activate it said this mod requires the plugin library.  So I followed the link, downloaded and installed it as well. In my Admin cp I get "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.8.1" next to the plugin library. However, I was then able to install the Google SEO plugin.

2. I am not sure how to achieve SEO friendly URL's.
I enabled "SEO URL" but the URL's are still not titled. At the bottom of the page is:

URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
404 and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Apply changes to core files.

I clicked to apply changes and tested my forum. The URL was now SEO friendly but gave me a "page not found" when I clicked on any of the threads.

I have read the documentation. What am I doing wrong?
Do what it says.
"Click to apply changes to core files"
(2014-11-02, 07:36 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ]Do what it says.
"Click to apply changes to core files"

Maybe you are having trouble reading what I typed above. I did that and I get a page not found error.
Oh. I saw it as your signature and ignored it. Sorry.
- Are you sure you did upload it right? If you wanna, i can help you trough teamviewer or what ever makes you comfortable. :-)
(2014-11-02, 07:44 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. I saw it as your signature and ignored it. Sorry.
- Are you sure you did upload it right? If you wanna, i can help you trough teamviewer or what ever makes you comfortable. :-)

I am pretty sure I uploaded it correctly. Like I said, I did get a message telling me that it requires "plugin library" with a link to the old Mybb site to download. I installed that as well, but got a message telling me that it was not compatible with 1.8.1. However, I was then able to activate Google SEO.

I am not showing any errors with the Google SEO plugin.

It's after I click to apply changes to core files that I get a page not found error. This is corrected when I revert back.
Did you change the compatible to 1.8* in both plugins?
(2014-11-02, 07:55 PM)coxuso Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the compatible to 1.8* in both plugins?

No. Where in the code do I change the mybb plugin library?
The same place you'd changed it from in the SEO plugin. Every plugins includes the options :-)
- I can post you a guide if you still wonder :-)
Pages: 1 2 3